Demon Eclipse Mod Thread - New Beta Up-Testers needed. p. 1

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
User avatar
Amuscaria
Posts: 6594
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Post by Amuscaria »

Alterworldruler wrote:How goes episode 3 eriance?
haven't even start, Lol. And proably wont for a while to come. School is eating up all my time and energy. :cry:
User avatar
Alterworldruler
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:31 am

Post by Alterworldruler »

Heh.... school is always eating time and energy! (my lessons are over for today now)
User avatar
Amuscaria
Posts: 6594
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Post by Amuscaria »

I will have to finishe weapons first. Most of the weapons functions are alrady doable via decorate+ACS. But i'll have to wait until either Randy or Graf to add the "A_Implode" action for the BFG-class weapon for that mod. Right now, I really have NO inspiration for the maps what so ever.
User avatar
Lord_Shadow
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Falling off the edge of sanity

Post by Lord_Shadow »

Not to be mean but ...
Eriance wrote: =================
ChangesDE v.2.0.3
=================
Weapons:
-Fixed Vorpal blade bug that caused the weapon not to charge up in GZdoom 1.0.21. (thanks to HotWax)
-Vorpal Blade now charges up dispite Phantomsphere or Partial Invisibility.
-Soul-leech projectile-items now seek the player out, as it was meant to. (thanks to Graf Zahl)
-Soul-leech projectiles give less health; 1/3 hp instead of 2/6.
-Soul-leech now drains life with every shot.

Maps:
-Fixed the cheap way to get the blue key on Map07
-Moved hellsphere to a more visable location; changed the method of obtaining it.
-Made Map07 more difficult, fixed some texture errors, and added some more details.
-Edited some existing maps' item placements.
-Fixed some sound bugs within all maps.

Im not sure if the SoulLeech is too powerup now.
How are 2/6 and 1/3 different. (Srry bout this, but it bugged me)
Anyways, this is an awesome project. I love it, even though it can be a little frustrating. I can't wait for episode 3's completion. /me worships Eriance B-)
User avatar
Amuscaria
Posts: 6594
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Post by Amuscaria »

Lord_Shadow wrote:Not to be mean but ...
Eriance wrote: =================
ChangesDE v.2.0.3
=================
Weapons:
-Fixed Vorpal blade bug that caused the weapon not to charge up in GZdoom 1.0.21. (thanks to HotWax)
-Vorpal Blade now charges up dispite Phantomsphere or Partial Invisibility.
-Soul-leech projectile-items now seek the player out, as it was meant to. (thanks to Graf Zahl)
-Soul-leech projectiles give less health; 1/3 hp instead of 2/6.
-Soul-leech now drains life with every shot.

Maps:
-Fixed the cheap way to get the blue key on Map07
-Moved hellsphere to a more visable location; changed the method of obtaining it.
-Made Map07 more difficult, fixed some texture errors, and added some more details.
-Edited some existing maps' item placements.
-Fixed some sound bugs within all maps.

Im not sure if the SoulLeech is too powerup now.
How are 2/6 and 1/3 different. (Srry bout this, but it bugged me)
Anyways, this is an awesome project. I love it, even though it can be a little frustrating. I can't wait for episode 3's completion. /me worships Eriance B-)
I meant that it gave 2 hp in normal mode, and 6 in powered-up mode. Now it's 1 in normal, and 3 in powred up.
User avatar
HotWax
Posts: 10002
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:18 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by HotWax »

Heh.

"What do you mean my current health is 33 2/3???"
User avatar
Woolie Wool
Posts: 1712
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:36 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

I am very impressed with this. The new starting level for the second episode is awesome (except for jumping puzzles which I HATE HATE HATE. The weapons are also amazing, except for the blood orb, which feels underpowered.

From your description of episode 3 it's hard to imagine it even being possible in ZDoom). I have got to see this when it's made. And the knowledge that the monsters from Hellstorm will finally exist for real in something I can play makes my day.
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Posts: 48325
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:19 am
Location: Germany

Post by Graf Zahl »

Is there any chance to get the file from somewhere else? Mooload doesn't work for me.
User avatar
Osiris Kalev
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Australia, Elsewhere Within

Post by Osiris Kalev »

Here you are Graf, hope this works: http://rapidshare.com/files/229717/DE-PKG.zip
I would've posted this quicker, but I had appauling Upload rates.

BTW, good work with all the features you added today.
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Posts: 48325
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:19 am
Location: Germany

Post by Graf Zahl »

Thanks. That worked. So much for Mooload being better than RapidShare... ;)

EDIT: Are you sure this was the latest version? The file size doesn't match and is seems to be one version before the last if I can believe the text file.
NiGHTMARE
Posts: 3463
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:39 am

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Woolie Wool wrote:I am very impressed with this. The new starting level for the second episode is awesome (except for jumping puzzles which I HATE HATE HATE. The weapons are also amazing, except for the blood orb, which feels underpowered.

From your description of episode 3 it's hard to imagine it even being possible in ZDoom). I have got to see this when it's made. And the knowledge that the monsters from Hellstorm will finally exist for real in something I can play makes my day.
Prepare for a d'oh moment: Demon Eclipse is designed for GZDoom. The "jumping puzzles" are actually 3D floors, which obviously won't show up if you run the project in ZDoom :).
User avatar
Unknown_Assassin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: Where dead carcasses lie

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Graf Zahl wrote:Thanks. That worked. So much for Mooload being better than RapidShare... ;)

EDIT: Are you sure this was the latest version? The file size doesn't match and is seems to be one version before the last if I can believe the text file.
Yes, it's the latest version. Rapidshare says it's 14.972 MB for some reason, but when you click the link to download, it says 14.6 MB. Also, if the DE-PKG.txt says the release date was October 9, 2006, which can be found in the previous page, then you got the right version.
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Posts: 48325
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:19 am
Location: Germany

Post by Graf Zahl »

The version I'm having is 2.0.2, not 2.0.3 and the file length in bytes is not what the Mooload download page says.
And Mooload still doesn't work for me. Does this site have any regional restrictions?
User avatar
Osiris Kalev
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Australia, Elsewhere Within

Post by Osiris Kalev »

Yes, it's the latest version, I just made sure.
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Posts: 48325
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:19 am
Location: Germany

Post by Graf Zahl »

ok, thanks.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”