Showtime!!! A magical adventure for Doom 2 (v.1.02 Mermaid Fantasy 05/01/24)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CherubCorps

Showtime!!! A magical adventure for Doom 2 (v.1.02 Mermaid Fantasy 05/01/24)

Post by CherubCorps »

Showtime!!! Big logo.png
Showtime is a stage magic themed weapon mod for Doom!!! You are Heidi, a sexy magician’s assistant who fights her foes with a variety of magic tricks!!! Use cards, rings, coins and even rabbits to dispatch your enemies in an unusual fashion!!! If that’s not enough, you can augment your tricks with magic tomes, gaining powerful alt-fires to turn the tide of battle!!!

Features
-5 weapons based on classic magic tricks!!!
-8 tomes and over 40 alt-fires!!!
-Learn how dangerous an explosive rabbit can be!!!
-Mix and match with a variety of map packs and enemies!!!
-Dress up in a variety of cute and sexy stage outfits!!!
-New tomes, outfits, and weapons to be added in future editions!!!
Cover Art Smol.png
Cover Art Smol.png (25.14 KiB) Viewed 365 times

GET MAGICAL!!!

Download at itch.io https://cherubcorps.itch.io/showtime
OR
Newest version v1.02:https://www.mediafire.com/file/q4bap6zi ... 2.pk3/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/47dbv5m3 ... 1.pk3/file

Older version: v1.0 here!!! https://www.mediafire.com/file/gbxijdjk ... 0.pk3/file

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/vWqkW1e[/imgur]
Last edited by CherubCorps on Wed May 01, 2024 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hellscribbler
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7(Integrated Chipset)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Showtime!!! A magical adventure for Doom 2

Post by Hellscribbler »

Pretty fun so far. Limited arsenal that doesn't actually feel limited is difficult to pull off, but you did. And here's some thoughts.
-I'd like an option to have to press something to switch tomes, since on some more slaughtery maps I find myself cycling through multiple tomes during a fire fight just because of dodging.
-Swamp tome seems most situational, since the poison clouds self damage, and I wound up ditching it as quick as possible whenever I got it.
-Candy tome has good Wand and Card, but I don't really like its rabbit alt. Rings are take it or leave it.
-Triple Tome is real nice, but is hell on ammo. Feels like a good balance point though.
-Classic Tome doesn't really stand out, but I do wish that you started with it, since random chance off shotgunners means some mapsets are surprisingly stingy with tomes.
-Safety tome and Quick Tome kinda feel bland, never really felt like they were all that useful, and really only noticed them when I picked them up mid fire fight and had my rhythm thrown off from whatever I had been planning to use.
-Armor sprites on the left of the hud are a nice touch, gives some personality. Kinda wish the greying of skin when you take damage was a slightly darker shade though, make it a little more obvious.
-Wand seems to have the best alts regardless of tome, which is nice for your main workhorse weapon.
-Cards hit hard enough, but feel a little clunky at first because of how slow they are.
-Rabbit out of Hat has a good primary, but since it has the most different alts, is somewhat jarring to use, especially combined with aforementioned rapid switch on more slaughtery maps.
-Portal Rings are nice, but I feel like most of the alts are a little slow off the mark. Still useful, but a lot more situational than wand and card alts.
Ron_Dallas
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Ron_Dallas »

Can i pickup tomes with the use button? If there is loots of shotgunners - altfire is rapidly change.
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

No. It's intentional that the tomes are instantly picked up. Doing so would destroy the gameplay loop because people would find a tome they like and then never switch. Constantly switching tomes and being in situations where you have no choice but to switch tomes is a huge part of mod.
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

Showtime!!! v1.01 is live!!! Alot of bugfixes plus new outfits.

Changelog v1.01
Major features
-Added 6 new outfits!!!
-Heidi’s player sprite has full walkcycle, pain, attack, death and xdeath animation. (Most people won’t see this, but I thought it was important to add).
-Added performance options in option menu!!!
-Added option to disable rabbit ammo movement (Rabbits will be asleep). Normal rabbit ammo will occasionally fall asleep as well.
-Added option to decrease/disable purple smoke as this may tank performance in certain levels or lower end computers.
-Added multiple easter eggs.
-Alt-hud is more legible.
-Added complex gameplay lore (Have fun finding it)
Weapon changes.
Apprentice Wand
-Added shield graphic to the safety tome wand and master wand when in use so people have a better idea what the tome does.
-Candy tome wand will always drop 1 piece of candy with every shot. Increased ammo cost to 3. Increased Primary candy shot from 35 to 50
-Increased apprentice wand’s dry fire speed by 5 tics.
-Decreased base apprentice wand initial windup time from 16 tics to 9 tics
Magic Hat
-Increased base damage of miser hat (Mouse) from 80 to 100.
Portal Rings
-Increased damage of Candy tome rings from 100 to 125
-Decreased ammo consumption of Quick tome rings from 10 to 5 per second. (Now requires 20 ammo instead of 40)
Minor changes
-Uncommon outfits spawn slightly more often.
-General bug fixes
-Altered/added sound effects.
-Increased Heidi’s xdeath health to 85
-Fixed clothing alignment with versatile factions.
-Fanservice outfits correctly spawn only when fanservice is enabled.

Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/47dbv5m3 ... 1.pk3/file

Or at the itch.io site
https://cherubcorps.itch.io/showtime
AliciaPendragon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Showtime!!! A magical adventure for Doom 2 (v.1.01 update 04/22/24)

Post by AliciaPendragon »

any special compatbility with Angelic Aviary?
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

AliciaPendragon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:43 pm any special compatbility with Angelic Aviary?
Yes. A few easter eggs at the moment. There will be a few completely custom outfits in future editions.
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

V1.02: Mermaid fantasy is out!!!
MermaidFantasy.png
I didn’t want to release this so soon but found several major bugs including one that prevented almost half the outfits from spawning correctly. They have been fixed.
The next update will have two new tomes and will take some time (Unless more major bugs are discovered). Thank you for playing and reporting bugs. It makes a huge difference.

Changelog
-Added 3 additional outfits for a current total of 22 outfits. All rare outfits have unique pickup sounds.
Major bug fixes
-Fixed a bug that prevented alternate blue armors from spawning in correctly.
-Fixed a bug with the magic mirror (Safety tome rings) that would allow player to obtain infinite ring ammo.
Weapons
-Added a sound effect to the primary apprentice wand fire to indicate the weapon is fully charged.
-Quick tome apprentice wand and master wand grant pain sector immunity along with increased speed.

Download here or at the itch.o site
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q4bap6zi ... 2.pk3/file

Return to “Gameplay Mods”