[4.11.3] No blink when invisibility expires in software under certain conditions

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
InsanityBringer

[4.11.3] No blink when invisibility expires in software under certain conditions

Post by InsanityBringer »

This one requires some obscure conditions. If the game is in software, and you pick up an invisibility sphere, your weapon won't blink when the effect is about to wear out. This seems to be related to some global state, as all future invisibility spheres seem to blink before wearing out. In addition, if you've seen a spectre at some point, this will also make the weapon blink.

I'll admit I've noticed this for many versions now, I'm not sure when it started, but I only ever noticed it during playtests of my "Evil Unleashed" project (which has no spectres ATM), so I assumed it was me configuring something wrong in the mod. Only recently when I decided to do a replay of Doom 2 in chunks is when I noticed that the bug can effect the game normally, so that's my bad..

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”