REDS OVER WORLD - 30-level Cold War TC - OUT NOW, RELEASED, READY FOR PLAYING!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WojtTheDoomer2K

REDS OVER WORLD - 30-level Cold War TC - OUT NOW, RELEASED, READY FOR PLAYING!

Post by WojtTheDoomer2K »

It is I, WojtTheDoomer, the creator of Mystery of Tyskie Islands. Alas, I left my old account to rot, and it was marked as inactive; so I was forced to create a new one. But without further ado, let me introduce you to a new project i've ben cooking up... and it's...
TRAILER!

WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?

1990. The Armageddon Clock has struck the dreaded zero hour - the Third World War just begun. The Soviet Union and it's supporters are launching an assault on the rest of the world. As the Soviets, supported by the rest of the Warsaw Pact, spearhead the assault on both Europe and the United States, the Asian communist nations, under the guidance of China, set their sights on the Pacific. The world is turned into a battleground once more, and both the East and the West are not finished until they see their enemies destroyed.

You will be put in the shoes of three men during this time - a Spetsnaz Operative of the Red Army, a US Marine, and an European Agent, with six five-mission campaigns (spanning 30 missions in total!), as you'll battle your way through Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and both Americas - both behind the enemy lines... and in the center of the battlefield!

FEATURES!

-Gameplay and style in homage to the shooters of my childhood, such as Far Cry 1, The Punisher or Call Of Duty 1!
-Fight a myriad of diverse enemies - soldiers, guard dogs, Tesla Troopers, turrets, tanks, drones, Soviet experiments (not of the sleep kind, trust me) and even entire BUILDINGS!
-Battle all over the world, from the Siberian wasteland through Eastern European cities and American towns to warlord-infested savannahs of subsaharan Africa and deserts of the Middle East!
-Spread carnage with over 10+ different Cold War-era firearms, from both the NATO and Warsaw Pact sides!
-Just like in MOTI, you will discover a story without any gameplay-interrupting cutscenes, presented with Command & Conquer-styled pre-mission briefings and radio communications!

DOWNLOAD
https://www.shorturl.at/esDLP

UPDATE - This is a patch that fixes a gamebreaking bug in E2M3 and adds manual reloading which a lot of people wanted to have:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6shllo7s ... h.rar/file

CONTENT NOTE

It should be obvious, but Reds Over World is not meant to be a politicial statement by the author, especially in the light of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict (the mod's development started in November 2020).
Last edited by WojtTheDoomer2K on Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
johnb1

Re: REDS OVER WORLD - 30-level Cold War TC

Post by johnb1 »

Holy crap this is going to be epic, very outstanding and awesome… I’ve played “the mystery of Tysky Islands before and it was mighty good, if you haven’t played it before, I’d recommend that you do… It’s a great experience overall and worth checking out and playing through, clearly Woj the Doomer has put a lot of effort and work into that, and he “knows his stuff”..you will be entertained, surprised , amazed, somewhat frustrated… and delighted… obviously, right now , we get a short teaser trailer and a setup of the plot/idea and story… to pique/attract our attention and get us wanting more and anticipating the glory that will arrive in 2024, well consider my attention piqued and me wanting more and anticipating the glory that will
Arrive from Woj the doomer… and we gotta wait until 2024 for it, hopefully??!?
Aw man… :roll:
johnb1

Post by johnb1 »

Sorry, should have been “Wojt TheDoomer2k” and we get screeners/photos too..
WojtTheDoomer2K

johnb1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:48 pm Holy crap this is going to be epic, very outstanding and awesome… I’ve played “the mystery of Tysky Islands before and it was mighty good, if you haven’t played it before, I’d recommend that you do… It’s a great experience overall and worth checking out and playing through, clearly Woj the Doomer has put a lot of effort and work into that, and he “knows his stuff”..you will be entertained, surprised , amazed, somewhat frustrated… and delighted… obviously, right now , we get a short teaser trailer and a setup of the plot/idea and story… to pique/attract our attention and get us wanting more and anticipating the glory that will arrive in 2024, well consider my attention piqued and me wanting more and anticipating the glory that will
Arrive from Woj the doomer… and we gotta wait until 2024 for it, hopefully??!?
Aw man… :roll:
Well i've got only three maps to finish, and once i'll finish them, i'll fix all the bugs, improve some lackluster levels, playtest the entire game myself, and then potentially reach out to several people for beta-testing.

2024 is the definitive date of release, not sure the exact month, but the more polish i'll put into the mod before releasing it, the better!
Tyrannotitan Fan

Post by Tyrannotitan Fan »

Because of your post on DA I started playing first CoD Black Ops instalment again.
Neat I guess.
WojtTheDoomer2K

Tyrannotitan Fan wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:23 am Because of your post on DA I started playing first CoD Black Ops instalment again.
Neat I guess.

Yes indeed, I certainly hope Reds Over World to be my biggest DOOM achievement; it's already my biggest in terms of size (my biggest wad was 10 5-10 minute levels, this big boy has 30 huge ones); all that is left is to see if people will like it once it comes out!
Mortimm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Mortimm »

Ey! Something that isn't to do with Nazis or Demons! I'm looking forward to trying out a new theme like this!
WojtTheDoomer2K

Mortimm wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:44 am Ey! Something that isn't to do with Nazis or Demons! I'm looking forward to trying out a new theme like this!
Thank you!
WojtTheDoomer2K

If anyone is interested in seeing some pure gameplay, here is some 2022 footage of me playing one of the maps. Please take note that I recorded the audio too loudly; and that the level has ben drastically modified and improved since that gameplay snippet.

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Welcome back, Wojt! It is good to see you again. I look forward to the release of this in 2024, MOTI is an underrated TC that more people ought to appreciate :)
WojtTheDoomer2K

Dynamo wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:35 pm Welcome back, Wojt! It is good to see you again. I look forward to the release of this in 2024, MOTI is an underrated TC that more people ought to appreciate :)
Hah, im glad you enjoyed it! f you liked MOTI, you will LOVE Reds Over World. It will feature more of all that people appreciated in MOTI.

-More immersive atmoshpere (there will even be a level on the Pacific island of Nauru, not unlike the MOTI setting!)
-More enemies, bosses and weapons
-More period-inspired visuals and levels, this time with realistic, run-down, early-modern Cold War-era aesthetics instead of the Tropical Steampunk setting of MOTI
-More of the humor you've all seen in MOTI (i've had a blast recording voice lines for many of the bosses)

I can't wait to see people play it!
WojtTheDoomer2K

Up-and-coming commandos of the Third World War - as I am working on the mod, get ready for some sneak peaks of enemies, bosses, characters, weapons and features of the mod with these fact files!

First off - the newest toy of the Commies, a big damn robot on threads. Analize this intelligence and utilize it - dis-missed!

Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Wow, this looks awesome I'll be keeping my eye on it!
WojtTheDoomer2K

Yet another fact file, this time about three bosses you will meet during your battles! The mod will feature 15+ bosses, each with unique attacks and full of character!

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Nice work! Lots of personality to these

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”