New Password Requirements and Password Reset

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: New Password Requirements and Password Reset

Post by Rachael »

While I do appreciate the support I do want to say that I would prefer an environment where everyone can speak freely about their thoughts (as long as they do so respectfully, of course), and often I would prefer for them to do so. You cannot improve as a person if you do not get feedback for your actions.

That does not mean, however, that I am required to agree with the things that people post, nor does it entitle people to argue with us or be abusive towards us - and a lot of people fail to understand this latter (but extremely important) point, and then they wonder why they get banned.

I'm gonna be brutally honest here and say it - most of the people in this forum who get banned have not advanced beyond childhood mentally, or in terms of maturity. They feel comfortable saying or doing things that they know is completely wrong, but due to anonymity they feel like there's little consequence to their actions. But what they do not realize is - if you feel so comfortable abusing a stranger on the internet, who you know nothing about - that really does reflect on you, as a person - it reveals who you really are. That's not something to celebrate.

Anyway - admins aren't gods, they're just people who simply have a right to say "you're not invited to my house anymore", that's it.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Darklord328 wrote: then thats their discretion!
I know that.

My previous post still stands.
Darklord328

Post by Darklord328 »

Rachael wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:51 pm While I do appreciate the support I do want to say that I would prefer an environment where everyone can speak freely about their thoughts (as long as they do so respectfully, of course), and often I would prefer for them to do so. You cannot improve as a person if you do not get feedback for your actions.

That does not mean, however, that I am required to agree with the things that people post, nor does it entitle people to argue with us or be abusive towards us - and a lot of people fail to understand this latter (but extremely important) point, and then they wonder why they get banned.

I'm gonna be brutally honest here and say it - most of the people in this forum who get banned have not advanced beyond childhood mentally, or in terms of maturity. They feel comfortable saying or doing things that they know is completely wrong, but due to anonymity they feel like there's little consequence to their actions. But what they do not realize is - if you feel so comfortable abusing a stranger on the internet, who you know nothing about - that really does reflect on you, as a person - it reveals who you really are. That's not something to celebrate.

Anyway - admins aren't gods, they're just people who simply have a right to say "you're not invited to my house anymore", that's it.
completely agree with you there, we are all human beings. and sometimes people don't own up to their mistakes, and thats what gets them into trouble. if people can't/don't admit their wrong doings, then thats all on them.
cyber_cool
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cyber_cool »

Darklord328 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:20 am im siding with the adminstrators/moderators/community here, i have a 80 CHAR password, and they can try to bruteforce that, GOOD LUCK with that, all this nonsense of having at least 10/20 chars then they would have to updated it eventually, i dont mind it, and having 2FA on and i keep my phone at my hands at all times,

the administrators/moderators reserve the right to actually do what they have to do, and keeping the community safe from hackers/hijackers. ever since i have changed the password, i've been maintaining it on keePass. yes i was forced to change the password, to 20 chars, better yet, i changed 20 chars to 80 chars, i might change my password from 80 chars too 1000 chars. 1000 chars might sound outragious lol, though i might do it. try bruteforcing that in the near future. if they ask to change my password, then 1000 chars it is. change your passwords and be done with it. in the near future adminstrators/moderators might have to make us change our passwords again, if they do, just change your password and be done with it.
Is that what you put behind a 80 characters password? How ironic.

User was warned for this post. -mgmt
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Maybe you should go back to your DeusDoom topic already then.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

cyber_cool wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:04 am Is that what you put behind a 80 characters password? How ironic.
Who cares? If people want to secure some stupid "hello world" program behind 1024-bit super encryption that doesn't even exist yet that's literally unbreakable for another 80 years or so ... LET THEM! You are not in any position to judge, and quite frankly we're starting to get tired of your attitude. Keep this garbage up, and soon you'll have no password requirements to worry about whatsoever.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”