125. The Lost Magic
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... om-mapset/
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.282625/
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.282627/
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.282943/
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.282944/
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.283140/
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.283141/
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.283172/
Wad presented consists of 32 levels (2 secret) divided into 5 episodes created as part of the annual NaNoWADMo, one of the features of which is a development time limit of 1 month. There are a number of custom textures involved, some of which came straight from Quake, new weapons and items are provided, some of which were taken from Hexen in particular, and some, apparently, were inspired by Powerslave. In general the wad sustained in terms of quality, begins to fail in the last third - the levels are conceptually repeated, the number of enemies ceases to be limited and what is happening is more perceived as a kind of filler necessary to achieve the cherished bar of 30 (not counting secret) levels.
Settings and features
* GzDoom 4.10.0, UV difficulty.
* Levels are generally compact and short in terms of time to complete.
* The full passage takes ~ 5 hours. * Each new episode, i.e. every sixth level, progress is updated and the hero starts his journey with a gun.
M15 -> M31.
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/attachme ... ng.282945/
1. You need to press switch and run to the lowered platform.
2. Press the wall.
3. After passing through the aisle press the switch and return to the train - the aisle has opened.
4. At the end of a long tunnel you can find a red key.
5. With it you can open the door leading to the secret exit.
At the same time, while grabbing the key, two cyberdemons are teleported.
M31 -> M32.
There are 5 crystals in the openings on the map. Another 1 is at the exit. To open a secret passage, apparently, you need to have to destroy those in less than 1 minute. It seemed to me that such restriction was unnecessary - I used noclip.
+ The color scheme and overall spirit, especially the first episode, is a lot like Quake I, to the extent that it was adapted to the realities of Id Tech 1.
+ A successful combination of magical and technological elements.
+ M6 - "Emerald Castle". On this map, for the first time, the player can get a weapon, which can be referred to as a "magic plasma gun", combining the type of damage similar to weapons in Doom, and the rate of fire of Hexen.
+ M32 - "Hall of Champions". Archvile, 4 cyberdemons, a bunch of revenants in addition to a large group of elementals and also, in a separate room, a new kind of enemies, covering the entire area of movement with their attacks. 0 first aid kits and charges for BFG outside the starting area. To pass this map you will need to correctly calculate the main steps.
1. Kill only 1-2 cyberdemons so that the others do not attack the doomguy. Saved charges for BFG can be spen\ on revenants, press the switch, ignore all the accumulated enemies and proceed to the next location.
2. By running in circles press two switches, try to guess the moment and press the third one.
3. Proceed to the exit and then you can make sure that the map can be completed in less than 2 minutes.
+ M17 - "Mother Crystal".
+ M19 - "Welcome Party".
- M31. Essentially an unremarkable map with a poorly implemented M32 exit trigger.