[v 1.0] Hell from Earth - "Frank Castle simulator"

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nomakh

Re: [v 1.0] Hell from Earth - "Frank Castle simulator"

Post by Nomakh »

Dron12261 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:12 pm An unusual run with this mod:

In general, I highly recommend running Aracnocide Weapons along with this monster pack. These two mods are just perfect synergies between them.

Nice video we got here) Pretty atmospheric too.

Fun fact: During the development me and my friend were testing Hell from Earth with Arachnocide Weapons im zandronum multiplayer. I missed where Arachnocide wasn't invented for Zandronum, so we were playing with INVISIBLE ammo and weapon pickups. Only on tenth map of Hell Revealed we started to suspect that something was wrong...) So yeah, Arachnocide Weapons is good with HFE)
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

Dron12261 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:33 pm Yay boy, here comes the release! Good job!
Pleased with compatibility with zandronum, as well as attention to compatibility with various weapon mods and not only.

Time to fuck up the mod for bugs, boogagagaga:twisted:
Late "Thanks, mate!")

Yeah, feedback helps well to find bugs that were missed during tests.
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

BradmanX wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:21 pm I really appreciate that more people are making mods with human enemies, especially with fast projectiles for traditionally hitscanner type enemies. Definitely gonna give this a shot.

Thank you) I hope my mod will find it's fanbase)

Also, I will be thankful for feedback there. Feedback is very important for both mod and author, it helps to find bugs and therefore - feedback is important for all mod's fanbase)
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

TheNightATK300 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:02 am Now this is something that peaked my interest, after playing a short runthrough with Hellrider so far, it looks pretty neat! I love to see it grow overtime, keep it up!
Thank you! I'll keep it up) Well, I'm gonna play it with Hellrider too. On the future stream(s))
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

Octogenarihexate wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:52 am Combining this with War Rooster and the sterilized version of Ashes Afterglow generates something that feels like a lost video game adaptation of the later Death Wish movies. Except for a couple of the high-tier enemies, they all feel like they fit most of the levels. Very good mod so far, looking forward to future updates!

Well, it's kinda hard to make high tier enemy that would fit into "Street vigilant" theme. For example - gopnik (slav street thug) armed with heavy power armor and burst rocket launcher will be... strange)

Oh, yeah, Death Wish movies... Good ol' Charles Bronson and his Wildey)

War Rooster... Gonna try this mod soon. Thank you for letting me know about it. Maybe I will even stream it.
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

SLON wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:27 pm After checking this, it seems to be obvious that there is a need spawn setting or something.
Spawn setting? I think I know what do you mean - and something like that is in plans, but I don't know if I understand you correctly, so tell me more detailed about this.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Nomakh wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:14 pmWell, it's kinda hard to make high tier enemy that would fit into "Street vigilant" theme. For example - gopnik (slav street thug) armed with heavy power armor and burst rocket launcher will be... strange)
It might be more "Middle Eastern Terrorist" or "African Warlord"; but I could see a modified, armored pickup truck with a weapon mounted in the bed as a good way to replace a number of the mid- to high-tier threats, potentially up to Baron-equivalent.

And if you're going to include corrupt cops, what about corporate mercenaries hired by the big conglomerates? You could use that to justify almost anything; corporate mercs could bring in helicopter gunships, armored personnel carriers and tanks if they wanted.
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

openroadracer wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:16 pm
Nomakh wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:14 pmWell, it's kinda hard to make high tier enemy that would fit into "Street vigilant" theme. For example - gopnik (slav street thug) armed with heavy power armor and burst rocket launcher will be... strange)
It might be more "Middle Eastern Terrorist" or "African Warlord"; but I could see a modified, armored pickup truck with a weapon mounted in the bed as a good way to replace a number of the mid- to high-tier threats, potentially up to Baron-equivalent.

And if you're going to include corrupt cops, what about corporate mercenaries hired by the big conglomerates? You could use that to justify almost anything; corporate mercs could bring in helicopter gunships, armored personnel carriers and tanks if they wanted.
Wow, man, where do you get telepathic abilities?)

Yeah, ter-ists and mercs are there too, but speaking about "Death Wish" - Paul Kersey was fighting street thugs, mafia members and some wannabe wermacht guys (bikers in german helmets in third movie).

Maybe there will be some thematic "events" like in Kyles Doom RPG, but I need more sprites for one theme about it to make full set of one thematic faction. For now the "leaders" are middle-eastern explosive guys, thugs and Colombian\Mexican cartel mambers.
inkoalawetrust
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by inkoalawetrust »

Hey, I notice that the mod includes the sprites I used on my old tank that I also uploaded to Realm667.

However, you have not credited Gorman Freebmane, who had made the actual tank sprites. And you should do that.
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

inkoalawetrust wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:11 pm Hey, I notice that the mod includes the sprites I used on my old tank that I also uploaded to Realm667.

However, you have not credited Gorman Freebmane, who had made the actual tank sprites. And you should do that.

Allright, gonna add this info to the credits, thank you for notice and let me to say sorry about it.

When I'll release 1.1 version, this info will be right there, allright?
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Absolutely amazing mod .I've used it a few times already and made videos with it. Love it
The voice lines are amazing .The enemies work perfectly
Absolutely amazing with tactical themed mods like BHD or IGI ..cod or CS Martian offense ...Only thing I don't like so much are some of the sprites .The cowboy sprite as an example. Doesn't really fit .But that's only my opinion.

Keep it up . if you ever find the time .. we still could really need some ..
F.E.A.R. enemies
Cyberpunk enemies
Turok raptor enemies
Dinosaur enemies (for Jurassic park like horror themes )
Quake 4 monster
Fallout enemies
Dying light zombies
Last of us zombies ..
😜

But seriously. Your monster pack is amazing .Hope it's not the last one you make ! ..
See you soon !
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:50 pm Absolutely amazing mod .I've used it a few times already and made videos with it. Love it
The voice lines are amazing .The enemies work perfectly
Absolutely amazing with tactical themed mods like BHD or IGI ..cod or CS Martian offense ...Only thing I don't like so much are some of the sprites .The cowboy sprite as an example. Doesn't really fit .But that's only my opinion.

Keep it up . if you ever find the time .. we still could really need some ..
F.E.A.R. enemies
Cyberpunk enemies
Turok raptor enemies
Dinosaur enemies (for Jurassic park like horror themes )
Quake 4 monster
Fallout enemies
Dying light zombies
Last of us zombies ..
😜

But seriously. Your monster pack is amazing .Hope it's not the last one you make ! ..
See you soon !
Thank you! Glad that you like it)

About cowboys' sprites. These ones should represent colombian/mexican drug cartels. But I didn't find any sprite like this: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawi ... 1123104112 Except for these "cowboys".

Also, I'm gonna improve HFE, add new enemies, mechanics etc. Maybe I'll even make a "to-do list" soom in the first post)
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

If I could make a suggestion, I'd say that the Peaceful Protestor enemy (at least that's what they show up as using Target Spy) should be named something else. Thematically speaking and fitting with the "Frank Castle simulator" vibe, a peaceful protestor feels out of place in a mod like this. Seeing as they use flare guns, my thought (at least as the time of this post) is that they could be a different kind of gang member. I'll continue to brainstorm on what kind of unlawful person would use a flare gun as a weapon.

Aside from that nitpick, I look forward to seeing what else you add to this mod as there's a definite lack of human enemy mobs. Them using projectiles is a nice addition. :)
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

Nems wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:14 am If I could make a suggestion, I'd say that the Peaceful Protestor enemy (at least that's what they show up as using Target Spy) should be named something else. Thematically speaking and fitting with the "Frank Castle simulator" vibe, a peaceful protestor feels out of place in a mod like this. Seeing as they use flare guns, my thought (at least as the time of this post) is that they could be a different kind of gang member. I'll continue to brainstorm on what kind of unlawful person would use a flare gun as a weapon.

Aside from that nitpick, I look forward to seeing what else you add to this mod as there's a definite lack of human enemy mobs. Them using projectiles is a nice addition. :)

If you read some obituaries - you will notice some kind of dark humor satire, parody of "news media". This is just dark satire - without any specifications.

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

Ah, I missed the satire. Sorry about that. :P

You're welcome! :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”