Question about Icon of Sin behavior

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
SuperGiantNinjaYeti
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Question about Icon of Sin behavior

Post by SuperGiantNinjaYeti »

Hello everyone. I'm new here, so apologies in advance if this isn't quite the correct subforum for this question.
I recently made a vanilla level in the map01 slot, with an icon of sin setup except the spawn spots are arranged in a line to make the spawned monsters get stuck with each other, forming a destructible wall of sorts.

Since GZDoom lets monsters spawned by the icon of sin telefrag in any map slot (as opposed to only map30), and stacked monsters can still move instead of getting stuck in place, my level doesn't work as intended in GZDoom. I don't mind this too much, as it is still playable, just different, and GZDoom wasn't my target port to begin with, but out of curiosity I checked the compatibility options and couldn't find anything about these two differences.

I also checked the mapinfo properties but the closest thing I found was allowing general monster telefragging, the opposite of what I want.
I'm pretty sure a "fix" could be done with zscript. I did manage to prevent the telefragging with a SpawnShot replacement, but then the monsters don't remain stuck. Before delving further into that, however, I'd like to make sure I'm not overlooking a simpler solution.

So, just to be absolutely sure I didn't miss anything, I'd like to ask: is there a flag, some other lump or something to directly revert those two changes (icon of sin telefraging in any map and stacked monsters being able to disperse)?

Return to “Scripting”