Need Fist start for specific map

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
FamilyGuy42
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Need Fist start for specific map

Post by FamilyGuy42 »

Been working on a deathmatch server, i have a map where chainsaws are supposed to be used in a small room, but you start with the pistol, i have chainsaws on all spawns but was was wondering how i could remove the pistol or the ammo on this map specifically, i tried a dehacked script to take away the ammo and it worked, but i didnt have any ammo on my other maps. so is there a way to take away the pistol or its ammo on a specific map without taking it away on the others?

ive also tried decorate and keyconf files, which worked but also took the pistol away on the maps on which i want to have it.

ive also tried a few acs scripts but they arent working for me.

any help would be appreciated
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Need Fist start for specific map

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

maybe create a player class that only starts with fist?
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:DoomPlayer
FamilyGuy42
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by FamilyGuy42 »

i did that with the decorate and keyconf files, but it ended taking the pistol away on all maps :(
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

You can get that effect by using an ACS script in that specific map.
Example on this wiki page will work for what you want, just change (void) into ENTER and remove the first Print function.
Remember to compile the script as well.

Return to “Scripting”