Raze - messages and CD audio issues

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
MightionNY
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Raze - messages and CD audio issues

Post by MightionNY »

I just installed Raze with Smoothblood and the upscale pack for Blood. For both Shadow Warrior and Blood, I have the original CDs...

Trouble is, I can't seem to get CD audio to work in Blood or Shadow Warrior - I've tried CD Music emulation On, sound restarts, etc, no good.

Is there something obvious I missed? My computer has no trouble reading and playing music from the CDs.. Motherboard is an EVGA X99 FTW using the onboard Realtek. I'm running Windows 10.

Second question I have has to with Blood - if messages are set to Classic in HUD options, they don't show up on the screen, but they do show up in the console. SW and Duke3D Atomic display the messages fine in Classic mode.

I'm running at 2560x1440 (tried both fullscreen and windowed) on my GTX1080, tried all three Raze renderers, to no effect.
Gez

Re: Raze - messages and CD audio issues

Post by Gez »

Playing music directly from the CDs is not supported AFAIK. The emulation setting is not the real thing, that's why it's emulation. To play CD music, you'll ned to rip it to MP3 or OGG files.
MightionNY
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Raze - messages and CD audio issues

Post by MightionNY »

Ah, so it was something simple... figures.

It's weird - I actually have the Blood:Fresh Supply from Steam which came with OGG files for the music tracks, but when I'm on the Dark Carnival level it doesn't play the correct track. *shrug*

EDIT: Long story short - I had been telling Raze to use my old dosbox Blood install instead of Fresh Supply; once I gutted that and had Raze use OUWB, the messages work now.
Last edited by MightionNY on Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Issues”