Inventory Script errors

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
brawlbro1302
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Inventory Script errors

Post by brawlbro1302 »

I have this issue with a lot of mods. It will say stuff in the loading like "Unknown Class name *randomitem* of type 'inventory.' " and i will usually end up with dozens of errors while parsing decorate scripts. I thought this was just an issue because the amount of mods I load with PB (it still launches), but I just got that new fallen angel mod that only needs two files but I'm still running into the same errors and it won't launch.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Inventory Script errors

Post by wildweasel »

What is the smallest load order you can get that still shows those errors? Which GZDoom version are you loading with? Most importantly, what are the errors?
brawlbro1302
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by brawlbro1302 »

wildweasel wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:51 pm What is the smallest load order you can get that still shows those errors? Which GZDoom version are you loading with? Most importantly, what are the errors?
Rn it would be the 2 files that come with the Fallen Angel Mod
-theFalseAngel_v1.0.pk2
-TFA_ZMovement.pk3

it seems the movement file is encountering all the errors but the mod isn't taking effect in launch though (just vanilla)

Im using the latest GZdoom 4.8.2

And here is example of fatal error messages:

Script error, "TFA_ZMovement.pk3:zscript/zmovement/zmoveplayer.zmv" line 3999:
Unknown class name 'SeraphicState' of type 'Inventory'
Script error, "TFA_ZMovement.pk3:zscript/zmovement/zmoveplayer.zmv" line 4092:
Unknown class name 'SeraphicState' of type 'Inventory'
Last edited by brawlbro1302 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Having no such problems on my GZDoom 4.8.2. Make sure that the TFA_ZMovement.pk3 is being loaded after the main mod. Also make sure that the main mod's file is present and intact; the file size should be 453,310,463 bytes (432 MB) by Windows' Properties box.

Return to “Technical Issues”