Statistics help

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
blazeddd

Statistics help

Post by blazeddd »

Hi, I've set savestatistics=1 in gzdoom.ini in my appdata\roaming folder and checked statfile but it doesn't seem to be generating anything once beating a level.

I've tried leaving statfile to the default zdoomstat.txt, tried pointing to $PROGDIR\zdoomstat.txt and even tried pointing it to appdata directory where gzdoom.ini is saved but it doesn't seem to be saving anything. I even created a blank zdoomstat.txt but still, nothing gets generated after finishing a level.

I'm basically just trying to keep track of all the missions where I've already got 100% secrets, kills and items.

Any ideas?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Statistics help

Post by Graf Zahl »

The file is only saved at the end of an episode, not for each single level.
blazeddd

Re: Statistics help

Post by blazeddd »

Graf Zahl wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:48 pm The file is only saved at the end of an episode, not for each single level.
Ah! Thank you. Just finished an episode and it did generate!

Do you know if there is anyway to reset the file? I saved right before the ending of the last mission and when I re-finish it, more entries get added to the zdoomstat.txt file. I tried deleting the zdoomstat.txt but once I finish the last level again, it re-generates all the info from before then adds a new one. Not a big deal, just want to see if it's possible to reset the zdoomstat.txt to 0 entries and just keep 1 entry for each episode.

Ah got it! Turning savestatistics=1 into savestatistics=0, running the game, then turning it back to 1 seems to have worked!
Thank you again!!
Last edited by blazeddd on Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Issues”