[released] war pigs

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
goldsteed

[released] war pigs

Post by goldsteed »

a weapons wad

this is the first legit mod I've posted in almost 10 years on here

what is this mod?
Spoiler:
some lore
Spoiler:
your arsenal
Spoiler:
power-ups and equipment
Spoiler:
screenshots
Spoiler:
videos
Spoiler:
downloads
Spoiler:
add-ons
Spoiler:
Last edited by goldsteed on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [coming 8/15/2022] war pigs

Post by wildweasel »

Please reduce the size of your screenshots. These are too large.
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

wildweasel wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:18 am Please reduce the size of your screenshots. These are too large.
how do I do that? sorry really rusty on how the site works
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

By either resizing your screenshots before you upload them, or by using imgur thumbnails and the [imgur] tag.

1920x1080 screenshots are just not reasonable for direct embedding in a forum post.
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

fixed and thank you
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

That seems promising. Also, i really like the old-school sprites you're using. They instantly brings me back into my first days here on the forums and remind me a simpler time.
kabuto

Re: [released] war pigs

Post by kabuto »

Your download link makes my antivirus alert come up.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

kabuto wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 am Your download link makes my antivirus alert come up.
Pretty sure that's because of Mediafire's own crippling problem. It throws a popup ad once you click on the download button. Each ad showing up has high risk of getting malware IF you click on it. Granted, it's still harmless as long as you ignore these ads but this is why i switched my file hosting website to Google Drive.

Anyways i tried this mod and this is nice! The weapon animations are smooth and flawless, and i love the fact that ammo is plenty. No need to worry about lacking 'em as a whole. Also invulnerability sphere making me reflect any kind of projectile is a nice touch. Got some feedback to show, too.
Spoiler:
impressive work so far! Looking forward to see more stuff from you.
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

kabuto wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 am Your download link makes my antivirus alert come up.
yeah I believe that's on mediafire's part like captain J said, I'll probably change the download link if it gives people too many problems
Captain J wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:23 am Anyways i tried this mod and this is nice! The weapon animations are smooth and flawless, and i love the fact that ammo is plenty. No need to worry about lacking 'em as a whole. Also invulnerability sphere making me reflect any kind of projectile is a nice touch. Got some feedback to show, too.
Spoiler:
impressive work so far! Looking forward to see more stuff from you.
the armor plate was actually a scaled down image of a armor plate for bulletproof vest, I'm thinking about having all items blink a bit so it will be easier to find them
also thank you for the feed back, I will look into the issues you pointed out and fix them for the next update
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

jdredalert wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:15 pm That seems promising. Also, I really like the old-school sprites you're using. They instantly brings me back into my first days here on the forums and remind me a simpler time.
thanks, if I remember correctly I believe some of the sprites I used are yours (will have to check the credits text agaiN)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”