Running GZDoom Multiplayer for PB 3.0

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
BrickSniper
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Running GZDoom Multiplayer for PB 3.0

Post by BrickSniper »

I'm looking for some assistance with getting GZDoom running for multiplayer. I realize this is not exactly a user friendly thing to do, but I really want to play Project Brutality 3.0 with a friend in co-op, and there is simply no Zandronum compatibility.

Every online forum I've visited asking the question has ended with the same "just use Zandronum and Doomseeker" line. I'd really appreciate it if someone could inform me as to how I can make this work, or if it's simply not possible. For reference I've been using ZDL to try and host a co-op session with no luck. Any help is most welcome.
generic name guy
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Running GZDoom Multiplayer for PB 3.0

Post by generic name guy »

PB3 is not multiplayer compatible, even in GZDoom.

But you can do P2P LAN multiplayer in GZDoom by using the -host and -join launch parameters using something like a .bat file, ZDL or just plane old CMD, on the host, use the -host parameter, and for the client, use -join [Host's IP address].

Return to “Technical Issues”