Ryuhi wrote: ↑Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:20 pm
Yeah, in that case in particular im pretty sure it has to do with how the thermosuit buildup mechanic works. I've seen it in other mods as well that use secondary damage sources, which is why i mentioned it. I was pleasantly surprised when the mod already had the ability to track damage properly from things like barrel explosions, so just wanted to see if there might be a similar possibility. Unfortunately the pistol in said Whitemare set is agonizingly slow to level, as it relies on said burning damage far more than its direct output.
Yeah, there's not really anything I can do about this -- it's a bug with damage attribution on Whitemare's end.
Beed28 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:46 pm
- Having too many points in the High Velocity upgrade seems to prevent you from aiming the projectiles up and down, with both mouselook or autoaim.
- High Velocity doesn't seem to appear for the vanilla BFG?
- Rapid Fire doesn't seem to account for the GunFlash frames properly? Especially once its maxed out (best seen on the vanilla Super Shotgun, for example).
I'll take a look at the HV aiming issue, but on my end the code is extremely simple; it just calls A_ScaleVelocity as soon as the projectile is spawned, which should speed it up equally on all axes. So I have no idea what the issue could be.
HV not appearing on the vanilla BFG sounds plausible, since the BFG follows up each projectile shot with a large number of hitscan shots, so GB will assume it's a hitscan weapon and thus not eligible.
Rapid Fire causing graphical glitches with GunFlash is a known issue that I still haven't figured out how to solve. It's implemented with a really stupid hack that involves grabbing the PSprite and fast-forwarding through frames, and might not be solvable. As far as I can tell it's strictly a rendering issue that doesn't affect behaviour, though.
Dan_The_Noob wrote: ↑Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:49 am
found a bug with 0.9.5, multiplayer works basically perfectly but something can cause you to pick 2 player upgrades in 1 player level and results in player xp dropping to -3/3
you can still get another player level by leveling 6 weapons, it just breaks the flow a little bit... not too sure what could cause it.
Ok, that is a charmingly weird bug. Does it happen only in MP, or SP too? What's your setting for gun_levels_per_player_level?
Also, what does "cause you to pick 2 player upgrades" mean here? Like, are we talking:
- you pick an upgrade but it's still flashing and opening the menu again lets you pick another upgrade
- you pick an upgrade and it drops you back into the menu and you need to pick another one
- you pick an upgrade and it gives you two copies of it
- you pick an upgrade and it gives you another random upgrade
- something else?