Kriegspfad

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PresBarackbar

Re: Kriegspfad - βeta

Post by PresBarackbar »

Different error this time:

Script error, "acid_Kriegspfad-main.zip:decaldef.txt" line 21:
VenomGun is not an actor.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

PresBarackbar wrote:Different error this time:

Script error, "acid_Kriegspfad-main.zip:decaldef.txt" line 21:
VenomGun is not an actor.
I forgot to rename VenomGun to MG43. Mea Culpa.
Fixed.
I Know Vort-Fu

Post by I Know Vort-Fu »

Decided to make an account so I could post a few of my own ideas on the topic of ammo balancing on this thread.

1. Replace the Luger with an M1911. Higher damage but lower accuracy and it would seem only right for a Wolflike. Starts with 140 rounds in reserve and ammo pickups are rare, maybe in the form of supply drops. This would give the player impetus to use different weapons due to it's low ammo droprate, but it's min-max stats would allow it to be useful as a close-range panic weapon.
2. Make the STEN use Subsonic ammo. Seeing as you're planning on supressing it in time, it would seem only right to replace it's ammunition type with one that would work better with this. The only difference is slightly lower projectile speed and faster bullet drop when compared to the MP40/I, but nothing that noticeable.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

ZikShadow wrote:Ended up typing the whole lot anyways. Feel free to ignore if things aren't fitting to the final vision and the like, but I still have to get it off of my chest.
Attempted to implement some of what I mentioned here myself. Some things are still a mystery to me like how to make that proper double mag MP40/I a thing, but for the most part I got a lot here integrated decently. Not gonna release the addon for the moment 'cause of lack of credits, but it's still on going.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -36-07.mp4

Stuff I did:

Code: Select all

- Replaced sounds with the ones I used in my BoA Personal Addon.
- Made HUD colored. Personal taste reasons.
- Rifle and shotgun HUD ammo sprites. Appreciated seeing the setup already been done for me.
- Sounds to knife. New puff so I could have wall hit sounds.
- Unique grenade, geballte, and dynamite explosion sounds. Bouncing sounds reintegrated.
- Made the geballte heavier.
- Made knife slightly snappier. OG felt too smooth.
- Additional reloading frames for all weapons that reload. The G43 one got a little overlap with the grenade reload, but I handwave it for reasons of "loading blank round" or something.
- Got rid of the firemodes for both P38 and Sten. Mainly to avoid overlaps with their counterpart weapons and 'cause I'm pretty sure the Sten only has integral suppressed variants.
- Accuracy adjustments for the pistols. None are perfectly accurate with every shot, but the P38 is more accurate.
- Turned off autofire on the P38. Again, to disrupt potential overlaps.
- No firemodes for Trenchgun, must hit altfire after firing to slamfire. BA5 is faster and easier in comparison.
- Made MP40/I reloading longer to fit the idea that you're loading 2 mags in instead of 1, sound from my addon modified to fit.
- Set A_AlertMonsters radius in both Sten and P38 to be different. You can alert monsters if you fire too close. P38 is quieter.
- Fixed K98k reloading foley timing 'cause it was triggering late in the OG, starting after KriegsGuy pulls the bolt. Aggravates the heck out of me.
- Added background to scope. Personal taste reasons, not fond of fake open scopes.
- Lowered K98k reload offsets further. Felt it was still too visible when loading rounds.
- Replaced the G43 rifle nade sprite on the HUD to be consistent with the world sprites.
- Set the G43 rifle nade on the HUD to the top of the rifle instead of the side.
- Lowered Venomgun offsets to hide the ammo belt. There's no ammo tracking in the code, so the belt's still visible even when you have no rounds.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Updated the mod with ZikShadow's feedback :

-- Weapons --
- New sprites for weapons' reloads
- Edits for the Knife, Walther P38, STEN MKII, Kar98k, G43, UMG 43 (new name of the Venom Gun)
Trench Gun : removed the "slam fire" alt-fire
MP40/1 : alt-fire switch the mags, even if not empty
Walther P38 & STEN MKII : weapons are silenced
Dynamite : added sounds for timer

-- Miscellaneous --
- Edited Hud
added ammo icons (pistols/sgms, shotguns and rifles)
combolynch
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by combolynch »

I like the new knife much better... Also I noticed quickly if you use it with berserk, it will refill your health :wink: :wink:
But yeah, if we need to use knife on low ammo, it is nice to have a strong and sharp knife 8-)
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Updated the mod :

-- Weapons --
- Edited the Flamethrower with a new projectile.
- Edit ammo code.

-- Miscellaneous --
- Added a "Berserk" indicator on the Hud (colors in red the health counter)
- Edited Stielhandgranate indicator
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Updated the mod :

-- Weapons --
- You can switch to an other weapon after firing with the TrenchGun.

-- Miscellaneous --
- Added Wolfenstein 3D health pickups on map31 and 32 of Doom 2 : Hell on Earth.
- Changed the scale of the shotgun casings.
- Changed quit messages.
I Know Vort-Fu

Post by I Know Vort-Fu »

Still working on this, I see?
Ac!d

Re: Kriegspfad

Post by Ac!d »

Yes.

-- Weapons --
- Removed the projectile-type attack of the Gewehr 43 and the Kar98k and replaced it with a rail-type attack.
- "FIxed" an issue where a stielhandgranate could spawn near to the player when entering a new map/game.
Dunya

Post by Dunya »

Awesome sprites. Are you planning to add compatibility with blade of agony?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I don't think something like that is feasible, considering the amount of effort needed to make Kriegspfad's stuff fit with BoA's mechanics.
On the HUD front alone Ac!d would need to create and set-up custom graphics for weapons like the Tesla Cannon or the Blade of Agony itself.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

-- Weapons --
- Added new sprites effects for the Flammenwerfer.
- Edited the code and effects for Stielhandgranate & Dynamite.
- Edited the Luger, Walther, TrenchGun. (The Walther P38 have now a better rate of fire)
- Edited Select/Deselect states of the Flammenwerfer + ÜMG43.

-- Items --
- Added a new sprite for the allmap.

-- Miscellaneous --
- Edited the HUD. (In case you load the mod with new fonts)
- Edited weapons messages pickups. (Prints how much ammo you gain if you pick up a weapon you already have)
Ninlhil

Post by Ninlhil »

Hey Hey, I'm glad my stuff has found some fans.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Ninlhil wrote:Hey Hey, I'm glad my stuff has found some fans.
Thanks !

-- Weapons --
- Edited the tag of the Browning Auto-5.
- Edited the MP40/1 reload state.
- Edited the "Fire" state, flashes and casings of the ÜMG43.
- Edited the Flammenwerfer which can't be used underwater and added lights for his projectile.
- Added new explosions sprites and effects for the Stielhandgranate / Dynamite.

-- Items --
- Edited the Powerup.ColorMap of the NightVision.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”