Thanks for the feedback. And I apologize for the long response.Gidon_147 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:15 am Hello! First of all, I'm really really impressed at how far this pack has come in the last 2 months alone. The update rhythm is insane and so many things have been ironed out, from the formerly kinda confusing difficulty choices which are now clear as day, the compatibility additions and all these interactions fixed, to the launcher automatically helping with the load order, these are all those things i appreciate a LOT. This is a very impressive project and I'm digging it.
Now I have two questions before I update my game:
1) Is map difficulty tied to the Character or save file? When I load a saved character into a new game, will the maps start at Level one, or adapt accordingly to the character level?
2) Can I save my character, then update the game through launcher, and then reload the character into the updated game?
Thank you for your time and for this TC!
1) The difficulty of the game consists of several things, next in order:
- map level (this parameter increases as you pass, but is not saved in the character save file, it must be adjusted when you start a new game (Starting Map Level) the same character. This is found in: DoomRPG Options -> Difficulty or DoomRPG Options -> DoomRL Monsters Options. This indicator is displayed in the Teleport in Outpost. You can check it there;
- Dangel Level (similar to the above, but this option applies only to modify DoomRL Monsters and Adaptive difficulty);
- Character Level (this option is tied to the character's save)
- The number of WADs that you want to pass (this affects the difficulty curve during the passage), adjustable in: DoomRPG Options -> Misc or DoomRPG Options -> DoomRL Monsters Options.