Problem with loading HD textures

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
aivar242

Problem with loading HD textures

Post by aivar242 »

Hello. I used to play on port 4.2.1b and everything was fine. In the root of the port, a TEXTURE folder was created and there were HD textures in it, in .png format. Everything worked.
I installed the previous version of the port - 4.7.1 and the port stopped seeing all textures. I understand that in the new version of the port, serious program changes have occurred, if this happened to textures? What should I do to make the new port define textures? It is desirable that they are defined in the same way, unpacked as before, and not in the .pk3 archive.
Enjay

Re: Problem with loading HD textures

Post by Enjay »

The old Texture folder format for hi-res textures has gone. This may shed some light: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68077

Of course, if you really need your textures to be in a folder rather than a PK3, GZDoom can load a folder that has the same internal structure as a PK3 so I guess you could grab a PK3 archive, unpack it into a folder and then add the folder to your autoload. The would probably work, I guess.

Post by Guest »

If the HR/HD textures are from the jDoom Hires texture pack you'll get them working with GZDoom 4.7.1 if you create a new folder inside your GZDoom folder:

g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder

Then move your unzipped HR texture folder(s) (named "TEXTURES" and "FLATS"?) into that new_folder folder.
Then rename the "TEXTURES" folder to "HIRES" so that you've a folder structure:

g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder\HIRES
g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder\FLATS

and all the images are as:
g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder\HIRES\ashwall.png

Then run GZDoom with command:

GZDoom.exe -file new_folder
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I don't know if there is an exact replica of the JDoom HR pack set up for GZDoom, but there are certainly some packs that share a number of textures with that pack which are already set up in a functioning GZDoom PK3.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Phoebe Podgenure wrote:If the HR/HD textures are from the jDoom Hires texture pack you'll get them working with GZDoom 4.7.1 if you create a new folder inside your GZDoom folder:

g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder

Then move your unzipped HR texture folder(s) (named "TEXTURES" and "FLATS"?) into that new_folder folder.
Then rename the "TEXTURES" folder to "HIRES" so that you've a folder structure:

g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder\HIRES
g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder\FLATS

and all the images are as:
g:\GZDoom_folder\new_folder\HIRES\ashwall.png

Then run GZDoom with command:

GZDoom.exe -file new_folder
Thanks. Everything works well.

Return to “Technical Issues”