Missing segs/invalid data errors in console

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Fat_Angus

Missing segs/invalid data errors in console

Post by Fat_Angus »

I have three maps that are producing errors that say the nodes need to be rebuilt. One says 'GL nodes contain invalid data' and the others say missing segs counted in GL nodes.' Saving the file and running the maps seems to clear the problem but they always come back again, no matter what.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Missing segs/invalid data errors in console

Post by Kappes Buur »

I do not know of a tool which will repair missing lump errors when the map was done in UDMF.

However, If the map was done in original DOOM format (ODF) or G/ZDoom in Hexen format (DiHF) then you can use Deepsea to restore the map with the missing lumps. In most cases that will work.

As to the nodes errors, I would delete the nodes lumps. Then use a proper nodebuilder (ZokumBSP or ZDBSP) to establish the nodes, or simply let GZDoom build the nodes at runtime, when there are none.
Fat_Angus

Re: Missing segs/invalid data errors in console

Post by Fat_Angus »

The wad I've been working with is one I first released 13 years ago, and I recently remembered using GLBSP to build the nodes at the time. I used it again and the issue seems to have gone away.

Return to “Mapping”