Brutal Doom Platinum v3.1 release! GZ focused Brutal Fork!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Brutal Doom Platinum v1.2 release! GZ focused brutal for

Post by m1lk »

thanks for the update. the new sprinting effect still doesnt work for joysticks, so i downloaded the legacy sprint pk3 and can run again. hope someday you fix it though.
Rayd3r

Post by Rayd3r »

Awesome mod, definitely my favorite Brutal Doom by far. Bugs I've noticed, cannot sprint with minigun if there is no reserve ammo, and sometimes revenant is completely invulnerable.
EmeraldCoasttt

Post by EmeraldCoasttt »

Rayd3r wrote:Awesome mod, definitely my favorite Brutal Doom by far. Bugs I've noticed, cannot sprint with minigun if there is no reserve ammo, and sometimes revenant is completely invulnerable.
Enemy revenant or player revenant? And what scenario does this happen in?
Rayd3r

Post by Rayd3r »

Enemy revenant, and I'm not sure, it's only happened a couple times for me so I can't tell what triggers it.
EDIT: It seems sprinting is also bugged with chainsaw when it's dripping with blood, and not sure if it's a bug or intentional but cannot sprint at all while holding the revenant missile launchers.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So apart from the bug i mentioned, i thought of something. Since this is a weapon overhaul first and foremost, is it possible that we could have independent firing with dual weapons? there are a few mods that do this and it would be really nice in brutal doom.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So apart from the bug i mentioned, i thought of something. Since this is a weapon overhaul first and foremost, is it possible that we could have independent firing with dual weapons? there are a few mods that do this and it would be really nice in brutal doom.
also, what happened to the vaulting found in vanilla? you know, helping you get over obstacles?
Rodman909

Post by Rodman909 »

Crudux Cruo wrote: also, what happened to the vaulting found in vanilla? you know, helping you get over obstacles?
I don't recall Brutal Doom having a vaulting mechanic.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I must be spoiled playing project brutality because i could have sworn it was in vanilla. loaded it up just now, and, alas, no ledge climbing.

There actually is an addon too... would be nice if this were included. https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... -ledgegrab
SaucepanSF

Post by SaucepanSF »

Ledge grab is in there tho. Brutal Doom Options, then Player/Control.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

sure is! i forgot to check the gameplay settings! well i guess that problem is solved lol
Linz

Post by Linz »

@Dox778I found a little fucky wucky uwu

So I was running Dox's revolver addon with BDP and apparently if you kick just as the reloading or firing animation is finished you can switch weapons or fire anything and your weapon sprite just..vanishes

Can still kick though
EmeraldCoasttt

Post by EmeraldCoasttt »

Linz wrote:@Dox778I found a little fucky wucky uwu

So I was running Dox's revolver addon with BDP and apparently if you kick just as the reloading or firing animation is finished you can switch weapons or fire anything and your weapon sprite just..vanishes

Can still kick though
Dox's addons are being updated for v2.0
Dox no longer works on this mod, please do not dm him about it or anything
heidi2

Post by heidi2 »

whats super annoying:
- I walk over a weapon and the game auto switches to it, but it's got an empty magazine!!
- when I run out of ammo the game does not switch to another weapon
Ultimagnum
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Ultimagnum »

I'd say this is my favorite version of Brutal Doom so far. Like the way you integrate Project Brutality mechanics. Although there are some things in 1.2 I find questionable, like:
-why did the freeze thrower need to be separated from the rail gun?
-the trip mines for the rocket launcher might be better as a grenade type instead
Vordenko
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vordenko »

Been playing the newest version for a while. Pretty damn fun, though personally I wish there was more performance toggles (like disabling blood pools and a lot of smoke sfx)

I do have some bugs to report however:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 210318.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 210922.png

- Getting gibbed while sprinting will not clear the sprinting animation frames off the screen. Seems to happen with every weapon, though haven't tested with all.

- Another bug I found which is a bit hard to explain (language barrier, soz) is: If you have no ammo for the minigun, and you hit reload.. well, no extra animation plays where it would normally make the player spin the barrel with their hand, manually. That's fine, however, if you then hit the fire button, the player will do the manual barrel spinning animation, and the gun will keep spinning until you hit the fire button again. It won't fire and all, but this is a rather weird visual glitch.

- Not really a bug, but: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 214951.png

There's a small typo / misspell at the 3D Nail toggle description, under the Brutal Doom Platinum > Weapons options.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”