Best Launcher for Mods?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
atarumoroboshi18

Best Launcher for Mods?

Post by atarumoroboshi18 »

So, I've been using ZDL for the longest time and I was wondering if there are preferred alternatives to it. What's the consensus on the best front end/launcher currently?
Enjay

Re: Best Launcher for Mods?

Post by Enjay »

I like ZDL because it's simple.

There are a few launchers with graphical tiles etc and some people prefer them. Personally, I feel that they make me too remote from the operation that is being carried out.

Some people prefer just to drag and drop or to use the command prompt.

Getting a consensus will not be easy. ;)
atarumoroboshi18

Post by atarumoroboshi18 »

Enjay wrote:I like ZDL because it's simple.

There are a few launchers with graphical tiles etc and some people prefer them. Personally, I feel that they make me too remote from the operation that is being carried out.

Some people prefer just to drag and drop or to use the command prompt.

Getting a consensus will not be easy. ;)
Have to agree, I've used a couple and they just didn't work exactly right. Small issues can lead to a loss of good experience.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I mostly drag and drop or use a batch file.

But check out the selection of launchers here.
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craneo »

I like Arachnotron Launcher, I use it the most now, reminds me of the Steam game library, I know not everyone knows how to set it up, but if you have the time to learn to set it up then I'll recommed it a lot

ZDoomLoader is also pretty good and a bit more simple, I'd recommend that too if you can't set up Arachnotron
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Doom Runner : viewtopic.php?f=44&t=64784 is a great alternative to ZDL , having most (if not all) convenience of ZDL , with an additional unique feature of being able to view .txt files inside zipped files , which is very useful when selecting wads to play (everybody knows about btsx or scythe but what is this uacbase2.zip map anyway hmm ? :P )

Return to “General”