Cameraman Mod v1.3

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
venn413

Re: Cameraman Mod

Post by venn413 »

I'm having an issue. I've been following the instructions on the github page to the best of my ability, and I've gotten the game to launch through powershell, but none of the mod's UI or settings show up. It literally just launched standard Doom 2 with a few cheats on.
Did i do something wrong? Is my computer just taking a break today? What can I do?
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

venn413 wrote:I'm having an issue. I've been following the instructions on the github page to the best of my ability, and I've gotten the game to launch through powershell, but none of the mod's UI or settings show up. It literally just launched standard Doom 2 with a few cheats on.
Did i do something wrong? Is my computer just taking a break today? What can I do?
Are you launching CameramanEditor.pk3? Because you don't get that if you are launching CameramanPlayer.pk3.
Crossed Guns

Post by Crossed Guns »

Can I have some help here?

I've been trying for three days to get this to work and I just can't figure it out.

When I load up PowerShell and put in the required text I get this error message.

PowerShell 7.2.4
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.

https://aka.ms/powershell
Type 'help' to get help.

PS C:\Windows\System32> C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1-iwad doom2 -warp 1
C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1-iwad: The term 'C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1-iwad' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
PS C:\Windows\System32> C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1 -iwad doom2 -warp 1
Start-Process: C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1:31
Line |
31 | $gzdoom = Start-Process -FilePath $GzdoomPath -ArgumentList $allArgs …
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| This command cannot be run due to the error: An error occurred trying to start process 'gzdoom' with working directory 'C:\Windows\System32'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Wait-Process: C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1:32
Line |
32 | Wait-Process -Id $gzdoom.Id
| ~~~~~~~~~~
| Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Id'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the command again.

Get-Content: C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1:35
Line |
35 | foreach ($line in Get-Content $editorLogPath)
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Cannot find path 'C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.log' because it does not exist.

Remove-Item: C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.ps1:68
Line |
68 | Remove-Item $editorLogPath -Force
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Cannot find path 'C:\Users\mason\Desktop\cameraman-1.0\cameraman-1.0\editor.log' because it does not exist.

PS C:\Windows\System32>

What am I doing wrong?
venn413

Post by venn413 »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:49 am
venn413 wrote:I'm having an issue. I've been following the instructions on the github page to the best of my ability, and I've gotten the game to launch through powershell, but none of the mod's UI or settings show up. It literally just launched standard Doom 2 with a few cheats on.
Are you launching CameramanEditor.pk3? Because you don't get that if you are launching CameramanPlayer.pk3.
update: i got it working today. my problem was not understanding the buttons on github and downloading the source code instead of the actual release. oops.
borogk

Re: Cameraman Mod v1.1

Post by borogk »

Version 1.1 released! See it on GitHub.

What's new:
  • bash script alternatives to PowerShell (shout out to m0rb)
  • Added option which automatically warps player to the camera during playback
  • Added option which hides player model/sprite during playback
  • Always hide the cursor during playback
  • Fixed a small issue with exporting boolean values into .cman files, those now always export as 0 or 1
Deadware studios

Post by Deadware studios »

This is actually pretty cool!
I may use this for some of my TC mods for GZDOOM.
Keep up the good work :D
borogk

Post by borogk »

Version 1.2 released! See it on GitHub.

The second big update.

What's new:
  • Angle smoothing for Bezier curves with relative angle mode - no more jittery camera movement
  • Added a new "Point and shoot" drawing mode, which greatly simplifies designing linear camera paths
  • Expanded the editor HUD with contextual hints at the bottom of the screen
  • Tweaked the appearance of editor cursor and camera path preview markers
    • They are now rendered as solid color circles for a cleaner look
    • They are now also better centered
    • Their aspect ratio is adjusted to appear as circles
    • They now have FORCEXYBILLBOARD flag to always face the player and be more visible from an extreme camera pitch
    • Locked cursor has a yellow tint to better communicate the difference between two cursor modes
  • Fixed a bug in which "Hide player" option wouldn't work when running the camera from player.ps1
borogk

Re: Cameraman Mod v1.2

Post by borogk »

Version 1.3 released! See it on GitHub.

A little quality of life update.

What's new:
  • Editor and player scripts are now named cm-editor.ps1 and cm-player.ps1 respectively, it's done to minimize the risk of name clashing in case Cameraman folder is added to PATH
  • Editor saves exported camera profiles into the current working directory instead of Cameraman home folder
  • Bash version of the editor script now prints 'Exported export-xxxx.cman' upon saving a profile (same as PowerShell version did already)
  • 'delay' minimum value is now 0 (it was 1 for some inexplicable reason)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”