Hell-Forged - Episode 2 (Strider completed - P23)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ActionAlligator

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Necrodemon completed - P19)

Post by ActionAlligator »

Amuscaria wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:10 am Completed. This one didn't take very long at all. Moved most of the detail to the modeling stage, instead of the spriting one.
Oh god... this better not get rule34'd someday lol...

Looking good, though! So damn effective at being disturbing and fucked up...
Doominer441

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Succubus completed - P20)

Post by Doominer441 »

I love its design, looks very Lovecraftian, although the lack of "eyes" on the crest is a little saddening.
The Striga poking its head out when it attacks is actually kind of cute (for a given value).
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The defiler turned out to be much larger than originally intended when scaled with the Mites. Will probably be a mini-boss monster now, or just a regular monster with a huge health pool.
Faceman2000

Post by Faceman2000 »

Honestly, I feel Doom’s sense of scale is variable enough that if you wanted to you could scale her down and it wouldn’t appear odd that the mites change size as they come out of her.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

I'm just going to resculpt parts of it to scale down the numbler of Mites on her back so she can be smaller. The monster was meant to be a 500-600 HP enemy in the same tier as a Arch Vile.
ActionAlligator

oh, that's a smart way to do it! though, a small size discrepancy is honestly something I don't think many would even notice; like, isn't the striga technically bigger than the succubus's tummy/..."spawning hole"? by a little bit? or is my sense of scale wonked lol

anyways, she looks cool so far as always :D
Gez

Post by Gez »

Amuscaria wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:30 pm The defiler turned out to be much larger than originally intended when scaled with the Mites. Will probably be a mini-boss monster now, or just a regular monster with a huge health pool.
Honestly, on that picture, the free-standing mite seems smaller than the ones on her back.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Updated to have 3 Mites instead of 12. Might just save the bigger one for a sculpt of a secret boss for a future update or something.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Having her be smaller makes more sense, considering the Abyss Crawler would have to grow immensely large otherwise, this keeps it slightly more sane (as pointless as that it lmao)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Even more creepy in high quality resolution... :shock: Cool stuff!
ActionAlligator

looks just as creepy and cool, albeit in a smaller package :D does that make her roughly shoulder height to player now? and about width of hellduke? if so, I think that definitely feels more like a "500-600 hp enemy in same tier as arch-vile"
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

ActionAlligator wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:28 amdoes that make her roughly shoulder height to player now? and about width of hellduke?"
She is the same height as the player. The monster is roughly the size of a Mancubus, which is the place its intended to take. Launches 6 Mites, 2 at a time, over its attack cycle. 550 Health.
ActionAlligator

nice :D so, it has sort of like an ammo limit? after 6 mites, it just melee attacks player? or do you mean that it launches three volleys of 2 mites?
Gez

Post by Gez »

The latter seems more likely, even if just from a gameplay perspective; I guess the mites on her back just "grow back". This avoids having to do an entire set of animation without the cheeky little skulls poking out for after she's "depleted".
ActionAlligator

yeah, that does make much more sense doesn't it? :D I overthink sometimes haha

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”