Hell-Forged - Episode 2 (Restarting Eventually)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Amuscaria

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Announcement)

Post by Amuscaria »

osjclatchford wrote:well this is a really exciting development!

will you be posting your spritesheets as you complete them like you did with DE and HF1?
Yup. People are free to play with them if they like. It also serves as a good back-up for me in case my computer dies, which has happened more than once during the course of DE. :)
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

If you happen to decide to drop any enemies (i hope you don’t, they all sound so cool!) will you still post any concept sketches or wip sprites of them? It’d be nice to see what they would have looked like!

EDIT: Also, is the Wraith enemy supposed to be like the Nightmare enemy you created, and if so, is this supposed to be what it looks like?

Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Doominer441 wrote:If you happen to decide to drop any enemies (i hope you don’t, they all sound so cool!) will you still post any concept sketches or wip sprites of them? It’d be nice to see what they would have looked like!

EDIT: Also, is the Wraith enemy supposed to be like the Nightmare enemy you created, and if so, is this supposed to be what it looks like?

Yup, the Wraith enemy is just a rename of the Nightmare. Since I bumped up the monster tier to something the Arch-Vile, I thought I gave it a more intimidating name. Also the original Imp-size sprite just isn't enough to fit that level of detail, as I need those skulls to scroll up its body in a flowing animation as it moves.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Well, I remember you saying you were going to remake the Nightmare enemy and that’s your concept of its remake sprite. And since that sketch resembles the Wraith’s description I thought that the Wraith might be the Nightmare remake given a new name. Sorry if I was confusing, I didn’t know how else to articulate it.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Doominer441 wrote:Well, I remember you saying you were going to remake the Nightmare enemy and that’s your concept of its remake sprite. And since that sketch resembles the Wraith’s description I thought that the Wraith might be the Nightmare remake given a new name. Sorry if I was confusing, I didn’t know how else to articulate it.
Sorry, there was a typo in my response. I meant to type "Yup" but somehow wrote "What" instead. :P
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Oh okay, no harm done! :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

This time the enemy roster is eldritch horror esq and i absolutely love 'em. Looking forward to it!
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

-inhales- ooooh Boy Here we go!!! :D I love how the enemies look in EP2 Keep it up. I know about the Secret level in EP1 but I'm kinda booked on this years Doom December tho but maybe in 2022. :)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

RichterBelmont12 wrote:-inhales- ooooh Boy Here we go!!! :D I love how the enemies look in EP2 Keep it up. I know about the Secret level in EP1 but I'm kinda booked on this years Doom December tho but maybe in 2022. :)
Sweet. Love to see more of your gameplay videos on it. 1.10 should be up sometime this month. So take your time. :)
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Just where do all the enemies lie in the whole "Blood, Venom, Undead" classes?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Doominer441 wrote:Just where do all the enemies lie in the whole "Blood, Venom, Undead" classes?
Where do they lie? You mean which one goes with which theme? Their names kinda explains it all.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Out of the blue, but i do hope Vampyrs have eyes on their palms because you know :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Hell-Forged Episode 1 development is now officially over.

Episode 2 will go into full-production mode 9/10/2021.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Hell yeah (no pun intended) Look forward to Episode 2 :D
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

is there a non standalone version? for Mac users out there....

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”