Space Cats Saga+ (Final) massive new update

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Space Cats Saga 2.0 (Update 3.0) *Finished*

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

Wow! This is amazing! I can't believe how much this MOD grown! Since the day I posted on the status bar MOD suggestion, a lot has changed for the better! Thank you so much for your hard work in this MOD! Congratulations! See you next mission!
Epstein_Murdered_Why
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Epstein_Murdered_Why »

The music and the visuals - My God, it rings my bell hard for He-Man and other 1980's era cartoons.

Intriguing! Can't wait to try it out.

Thank you for your hard work and generosity!
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Hey. I've only played 2 maps so far but it's really awesome. I'm playing Aemi. I love the claws. They seem really strong.
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

elCreyo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:43 pm Hey. I've only played 2 maps so far but it's really awesome. I'm playing Aemi. I love the claws. They seem really strong.
have fun with it. all the cats are strong and fun to play.
robanoexe
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 10

Post by robanoexe »

Using GZ doom version 4.10 I came across a game breaking error in Episode 2, Sinbreed in the room with the red key.

"Line 7486, 7487, and 7488 have no first side. 3 missing segs counted. The BSP needs to be rebuilt."

Only error I've come across so far. Great game by the way :D
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

robanoexe wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:42 am Using GZ doom version 4.10 I came across a game breaking error in Episode 2, Sinbreed in the room with the red key.

"Line 7486, 7487, and 7488 have no first side. 3 missing segs counted. The BSP needs to be rebuilt."

Might I recommend trying a DevBuild to see if it corrects your problem?
robanoexe
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 10

Post by robanoexe »

I'm not super familiar with these dev builds but I did try a few that didn't work at all. When one finally worked I seemed to get the same error. I used console to just skip the level and noticed the next level has a similar "Line error" as well which locks you in the room in map 54. Willing to try any suggestions. I had a great time with this mod up until this point
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

DevBuilds is GZDoom's version of a beta, if you're still having problems... Something is up with the map. :(
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

robanoexe wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:42 am Using GZ doom version 4.10 I came across a game breaking error in Episode 2, Sinbreed in the room with the red key.

please tell me what to look at :3 just tried it and it worked for me. the line errors shouldnt cause any problems. maybe a script doesnt work. which difficulty are you playing?
supersoup
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by supersoup »

DerTimmy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:09 am Update 3.0 is out!
This will be the last and final update. It fixes/enhances alot of small things. Adds a new melee weapon for Aemi and buffs/tweaks all the guns.

It was fun making this and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do. Please leave some Feedback and try this with other Maps/Addons.
Thanks
Hey DerTimmy -

I came back just recently and started playing version 3.0 of Space Cats. This is at least my 3rd play through since this project started. I just want to say how absolutely badass this mod is! The characters, weapons, enemies, fights, and incredible map design is just so freaking good, and fun to play! I loved the new alt-attack on Lux's sword, running up to groups of weaker enemies and obliterating them with the area attack was always so fun to do. As well as challenging myself to use it against tougher enemies. I loved the secrets and finding the hidden cats and posters in all the levels too. I love how complex, large, and well planned out the maps are. There are some really cool tricks you used in some places, and I loved how well the thematic elements of the maps flowed into each other from one map to to the next. it helped it all feel more like an actual journey through a real world, and showed a lot of great thought and planning.

Thanks for making one of the most fun doom mods I've played, and I've been playing them off and on for over 20 years. I hope you can do more with it someday, or start another awesome project. I would love to see more missions in this world you created!

The only nitpick I think I have is there are one or two new enemy types I would have liked to have seen more, like for example the floating brain mini-boss from the first mission. But the mod is still amazing regardless.
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

supersoup wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:29 pm
DerTimmy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:09 am Hey DerTimmy -

I came back just recently and started playing version 3.0 of Space Cats. This is at least my 3rd play through since this project started.....
Wow thank you! :wub: Glad you enjoyed this.

But i did not had much of a plan. just tried to make a doom weapon mod. it was damn fun and i started to add more and more. added my OC "Aemi" into it and started to learn mapping. Came up with "Space Cats Saga" and made a little story for my mapset.
Took me over 2 years to actually get this finished :shock: But it was hella fun and i would do more :3:
supersoup

Post by supersoup »

DerTimmy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:48 pm
DerTimmy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:09 am Hey DerTimmy -

I came back just recently and started playing version 3.0 of Space Cats. This is at least my 3rd play through since this project started.....
Wow thank you! :wub: Glad you enjoyed this.

But i did not had much of a plan. just tried to make a doom weapon mod. it was damn fun and i started to add more and more. added my OC "Aemi" into it and started to learn mapping. Came up with "Space Cats Saga" and made a little story for my mapset.
Took me over 2 years to actually get this finished :shock: But it was hella fun and i would do more :3:
Wow! You learned Doom mapping on the fly while making this? Great work! These are better than a lot of the Doom maps I've played over the years. Not only the layout and flow, but the colors, lighting, effects, and custom textures are really good too. The second and third maps of Battle of Tangraan are my favorites, along with the final map in Queens Gambit, and I loved a lot of the maps in all of the other missions, especially in Macrocosm. I love how you brought so many different elements together to create this, this project turned out incredible! If someday you do more it will be awesome to see it.
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

supersoup wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:00 pm

Wow! You learned Doom mapping on the fly while making this? Great work! These are better than a lot of the Doom maps I've played over the years. Not only the layout and flow, but the colors, lighting, effects, and custom textures are really good too. The second and third maps of Battle of Tangraan are my favorites, along with the final map in Queens Gambit, and I loved a lot of the maps in all of the other missions, especially in Macrocosm. I love how you brought so many different elements together to create this, this project turned out incredible! If someday you do more it will be awesome to see it.
i had to play all the maps 1000 times while learning and creating. they got a little bit linear but my focus was always to keep them fun. the tangraan maps were my favourite to make. working with own resources and such.

made a resource wad from space cats, cc4 and dark forces textures and currently playing around with it :)
supersoup

Post by supersoup »

DerTimmy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:26 pm
supersoup wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:00 pm

i had to play all the maps 1000 times while learning and creating. they got a little bit linear but my focus was always to keep them fun. the tangraan maps were my favourite to make. working with own resources and such.

made a resource wad from space cats, cc4 and dark forces textures and currently playing around with it :)
Your tenaciousness totally payed off. This is a really high-quality project. You have a good feel for what makes for great visuals and fun game play. I play this in GZDoom on a hi-res ultra-wide monitor and it just looks beautiful all the way through. I can barely play a lot of other doom mods I have now without getting bored, lol. Excited to see what you do next!!
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

There will be another Upgrade- Space Cats Saga 2.0+

-fixed all melee attacks; they feel much better to use now
-alot new effects
-changes to almost every gun
-1 new secret Map
-2 new Boss Arenas
-new cats to pat
-new textures

-new difficulty "Fast"
UV + fast Monsters

-new difficulty "Beast"
UV + replaces Doom Demons with a Beast Variant (i made complete new Beasts for this; every demon got a replacement except Cybie and Mommy cause of the hitboxes)

this will be another big update to Space Cats but it will take some more time :3

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”