Another Portal Displacement Mismatch

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Hindsight2020

Another Portal Displacement Mismatch

Post by Hindsight2020 »

I'm not sur why, but I keep getting an error on my console that says "Portal between lines ### and ### has displacement mismatch."

I've researched this error here on the forum and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. The angles are the same, the size is the same, they're pointing in the right directions. I even reset the texture offsets and lined them up for good measure. I still get the error. But the strange part is they work just fine. I just don't want to see the error.

Thanks for any help. I'm happy to upload the map if it helps.
VELI

Re: Another Portal Displacement Mismatch

Post by VELI »

Error is because you need to have same lenght "inside" portal as lenght of "outside" portal. I made small map. Left portal is correct and right portal is incorrect. If you run this map you get displacement error. If you correct lenght of right "inside" portal so portal is same lenght as right "outside" portal, error disappear. In other word situation have to be same as on left map side where portals is correct. Hope that I help you. I know that my description could be little complicated, sorry.
Attachments
two_portals-left_correct_and_right_incorrect.wad
Correct and incorrect portals.
(14.4 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Return to “Mapping”