A_CheckLOF New Flag

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Logan MTM

A_CheckLOF New Flag

Post by Logan MTM »

The Flag CLOFF_JUMP_ON_MISS: "Hitting a wall, floor, or ceiling is a success if they are within range."
Any chance to make a new flag?
"Hitting a wall with Special, fail the Jump"!
Thank you all!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: A_CheckLOF New Flag

Post by Graf Zahl »

DIY with ZScript.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

You being you!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Modders are given full access to very powerful scripting tools with ZScript. Anyone refusing to delve into it only has themselves to blame.

You can write ZScript functions and use them from DECORATE (surprise surprise: those standard Doom monsters you are modifying through DECORATE are written in ZScript).
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Using the scripting forum is a great way to get help with implementing things like this. There are times when you may get suggested to create a new feature request - this is usually in response to the solution to a problem either being not possible, or only possible through hacky and convoluted methods that should generally be discouraged, or if the solution may in fact fully work but is inefficient or causes a lot of code bloat.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

There is the thing!
I've been working on the same project for more than a decade.
I'm just a litle mappers with a bit of willpower.
I just can't stop and learn a full undocumented language that seams to be made just for hight programmers undestand that!
I just wondering to ask if, with a bit of good will, that kind of Flag could be done. I know It is, but not by me.

"DIY with ZScript."

Jesus!
I really can make an ACS function that Don't play "UseSound" in linedefs with Specials BUT this requires to set this function in EVERY SINGLE line with Actions over more than 10 HUGE Maps!

This Flag could be usefull for everyone!

I humbly apologize for the inconvenience.
Nash

Post by Nash »

As Rachael has explained, when a suggestion is closed as "DIY", it's not that programmers hate you or anything like that. GZDoom is a very large engine that has a lot of code built-in to support all sorts of situations, and hacks that have been used throughout the years. Adding more code to satisfy a use case not used by many people, will just make the engine slower (we already get enough complaints from ignorant users accusing "GZDoom is unoptimized"). So there is that angle to consider, please understand.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”