Deathmatch/Co-Op club?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
HobbsTiger1

Deathmatch/Co-Op club?

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

I've recently heard a lot about ZDoom's multiplayer capablilties. More so than I ever heard before. So I kinda thought a Co-op/Deathmatch club would be a nice thing to start.

I don't really have any specifics worked out yet, mainly because I don't know if this idea would take, but the premise is fairly simple: One or two nights/days a week a few matches are held, arranged of course. The only main requirement is that you have 63a (because it works right in the multiplayer aspect) and have enough brains to know how to join a game.

Don't tell me "Use Skulltag/ZDaemon" because if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have posted this.
Last edited by HobbsTiger1 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belial

Post by Belial »

I'm in. Full support for the idea.

Now all I need to know are directions to a tutorial on joining a game (and multiplayer in general). :)
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

Yes! I support it and I'd love to join, considering I've never played a multiplayer game. Of course, that means I don't know how to join a game, but that can't be very hard.

Unless you have something against people with 56ks. (How I hate it! :evil:)

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to be in co-op only for now. I'd get pwnt too badly in DM.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

@Belial & DomRem: look here and here for info on multiplayer. I use ZDL so I don't know any of this stuff, but you all may wan't to.

@Belial: You don't need a tutorial to anything I wouldn't think. You would solidly own at multiplayer.

@DomRem: No I have nothing against 56k'ers. Unless your using AOL, SBC/Yahoo, or some other thing with a built in browser you can't exit properly without disconnecting. Also, I almost know you have to have a dedicated phone line b/c I've seen you on almost all day before.
Last edited by HobbsTiger1 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

Well, I may be online for WAY too long on certain days, but that doesn't stop my phone line from disconnecting every 3-4 hours. (Ironically, it disconnected when I was typing that sentence.) I have it set to reconnect automatically, which is why it looks like I don't disconnect. And I am not one of those poor souls that has AOL or anything else with those damn browsers you can't close.

I use ZDL all the time. In fact, my shortcuts direct to it, not ZDoom itself. Before I learned of that masterpiece, though, I used command line, so I'm pretty familiar with those parameters.
dracflamloc

Post by dracflamloc »

Sounds cool.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

I suppose thats three of you, at the moment, with the possibility of more.

I need to know what your time zone is (In GMT +/- whatever) and what time range is usually good (in 24:00 time) so I can start thinking of arrangements. I'm GMT -7:00 and can usually match from 10:00 to 21:00 unless I'm doing something else.
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

Yay! I'm GMT -5:00(Central Time Zone). I'm estimating about 16:30-23:00 on weekdays, and 14:00-22:00 on weekends, pending my brother isn't online or I'm not busy.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

DomRem wrote:Yay! I'm GMT -5:00(Central Time Zone). I'm estimating about 16:30-23:00 on weekdays, and 14:00-22:00 on weekends, pending my brother isn't online or I'm not busy.
If you're CST you're GMT -6:00
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

Hmm...damn Wikipedia has been lying to me about my GMT time differences. Then again, DST probably confuses it.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

This sounds like a cool idea, guys, but I think maybe you should co-ordinate yourselves via IRC and tell people where to go.

Timezones are weird during daylight savings. Where I live, you have AST (Atlantic Standard time, GMT -4), and in the summer, ADT (Atlantic Daylight Time, GMT -3, for Daylight Savings).
Belial

Post by Belial »

GMT +1. 16-... any day of the week.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

QBasicer wrote:This sounds like a cool idea, guys, but I think maybe you should co-ordinate yourselves via IRC and tell people where to go.
That would be wonderful. But getting people on IRC can be difficult. I will instead (unless you all plan to live in an IRC channel sometimes) coordinate the times GMT. No + or - anything.
Biff

Post by Biff »

You'll find it almost a necessity to coordinate game starts via some internet chat thing. I used to use ICQ. Reason is, you'll often have some connection issue and have to exit the game and restart. You might choose to trade off hosting, set different dmflags, change -dup setttings when you find too much lag, etc. It would be pretty remarkable to have everything agreed upon in advance and have everyone hook up first time, especially for more than 2 players.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Biff: Thats sort of what this thread is for. I need to know who want's to be a part. IRC would work, for making sure we all started right. I have a textfile of the DM flags and their functions, so thats not a problem for me. Hosting isn't a problem for me either, unless I happen not to be playing (I have two computers, what do I need both for at the same time?)

Return to “General”