Intelligent Supplies 1.6

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.6

Post by Zhs2 »

Does not sound normal, no. Intelligent Supplies tries not to touch the items the base pickups are representing, only copying information like sprite, scale, and so forth (some amounts get set for weapons (internal ammo held), ammo (ditto), and armor (armor value remaining) in the case IS behavior is turned off during play, for balance purposes.) If you can point me to the mod this happens with I can investigate.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

From what I've played with Intelligent Supplies so far, this happens with...

Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony - https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom (happens with 9mm ammo pickups, possibly others too)
Project Brutality v3.0 - https://github.com/pa1nki113r/Project_B ... ch_Staging (happened when I picked up an SMG for the first time, while topped off on pistol ammo; the filled magazine that got left behind was literally as large as my character!)
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

Ah, another artifact of mod design. While testing with Project Brutality I've discovered this happens because the base ammo type that the weapon uses is spawned, compared to the pretty version that is randomized via spawners - you can see this yourself with or without IS loaded by typing "summon PistolBullets" into console to see the underlying ammo type and comparing it to "summon BulletCartridge", which is the ammo you see placed in maps. On the other hand this made me realize that the ammo I want to spawn into maps (i.e. dropped from weapons or backpack) should be allowed to be replaced, instead of spawning a giant ugly basic Cell with a replaced graphic as dropped from the plasma rifles - uploaded it as a ninjafix because it's not a breaking change. (This might have fixed whatever's going on in BoA, didn't see anything weird there)
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

Bump to note that I've uploaded another fix in the form of a null check where backpacks caused my session of RAMP2022 to come crashing down. Redownload if you get an attempt to write to address zero (probably to an ammo type that never actually spawned, whoooops.) Also at the same time made any and all ammo spawning code consistent in checking for existence and sprite frame.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

saw this and was hoping it would compile ammo in an area into 1 stack or something to save on actors.
this is still neat though...
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

scratch that. sorry.
Ultimate Freedoomer

Post by Ultimate Freedoomer »

Anybody else getting an abort error when using this with Hexereetic Fantasy's custom ammo?
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

Ultimate Freedoomer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:27 am Anybody else getting an abort error when using this with Hexereetic Fantasy's custom ammo?
A screenshot of this abort error is going to be necessary. I am unable to reproduce this by running around in Kinsie's test map collecting ammo items. Any other steps to cause the abort would be helpful to know too.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Since I remembered about this. I have been meaning to suggest if you could add health bonuses separately to the intelligent behaviors options.
If maybe also an option where all count items can be checked if they are unable to be picked up but can still be used like vanilla otherwise when able to; still wasting the rest of it if you want it to.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

a version of this mod that didnt just perfectly cut down an ammo box but cut it down in like 1/4 for big ammo/health and 1/2 for small would be neat.
so instead of a bullet box giving 50 or 49,48,47... it gives 50,40,30,20,10 or something with some wastage if you pick it up while near-full.
Ultimate Freedoomer

Post by Ultimate Freedoomer »

Zhs2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:10 am
Ultimate Freedoomer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:27 am Anybody else getting an abort error when using this with Hexereetic Fantasy's custom ammo?
A screenshot of this abort error is going to be necessary. I am unable to reproduce this by running around in Kinsie's test map collecting ammo items. Any other steps to cause the abort would be helpful to know too.
It mostly seems to happen with medium ammo pickups that have animated sprites &/or fancy visual effects. Admittedly, I'm also using a customized copy, but no changes drastic enough that it should make it crash.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”