Intelligent Supplies 1.6

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.1

Post by PillowBlaster »

Just stopping by to say I give this one seal of approval and I vote for C&C-styled health bars above items~
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.1

Post by Zhs2 »

Bump yet again to thank Pillowblaster for a fancy logo and also say whoops, I fixed another VM abort that occurs when a saved game is loaded. Big whoops. Redownload, especially if you run into this issue! You should be able to load your save again once you do!

Edit: Redownload again if you're getting a VM abort when touching an item after loading a saved game!
Zhs2

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.2

Post by Zhs2 »

Bump attack. Version 1.2 is released with both the ability to configure item shading (enable/disable, brighten, make it pulse so item shading is that little bit more obvious on items it's hard to see) and display amount bars, in the case you'd like a visual bar OR you're playing with a model mod where item shading tends to display the placeholder sprite for the model instead of shading it. Model mods are the whole reason I decided to push out this update with bars, in fact~

and yes, I know these in-world bars look a little misaligned to some sprites, like powerups, but that's an issue with their internal offsets, nothing I can really do to fix the positioning
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I love this mod, definitely going into my autoload!
However, there is one thing that bugs me, but I don't know if it can be fixed.
Items on the automap with IDDT x2 no longer show up with any color, if you assigned one to them that is.
For example, I have enemies set to red, non-counting enemies to blue, friendlies to green, regular items to yellow and counting items to pink.
With this mod however, the latter two show up as the regular thing color used for everything else like decorations which is white by default, making me unable to locate them on the map.

Edit: Here's an example.

Kinsie's test map without Intelligent Supplies loaded:

Kinsie's test map with Intelligent Supplies loaded:

As you can see, the only pink item left is the computer area map, because the mod doesn't touch it I assume.
I changed the default thing color from white to black for more clarity.
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

A bit of investigation leads me to presume this is harder to solve than I first thought. I get the feeling that what takes priority for drawing in a sector's thinglist would be the real items that spawned first (which have had their SPECIAL flags disabled and thus they do not colorize as items), and in order to change the draw order I need to rearrange the thinglist, which is probably more trouble than it is worth for a cheat.

On the plus side, your post got me to correctly assign some flags to the overriding item. If displaying things on the automap as sprites is enabled, the uncollected override items that do not have sprites until they are collected will draw as a properly colored triangle underneath the real item. I've pushed a non-version-bumping ninjafix to the first post in light of this - feel free to redownload if you don't mind using automap sprites.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

I can only speak for myself, but I'd really appreciate if something can be done about that. Accidentally stepping over items and wasting them triggers my OCD and this mod, along with use-to-pickup allows me to step out of my comfort zone. I also always make sure to restock on everything before exiting the level which only gets harder on hub maps, especially if they're large and complex. Without IDDT I'm basically screwed. Another option for me was to use the 'items' and 'warp' commands, but with this mod this also becomes problematic because every item inherits from the same actor and thus you can't differentiate betweem them anymore. But if it's more trouble than it's worth like you said and the amount of people like me being slim, I can understand that. Still, it's a great mod!
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

StroggVorbis wrote:I can only speak for myself, but I'd really appreciate if something can be done about that. Accidentally stepping over items and wasting them triggers my OCD and this mod, along with use-to-pickup allows me to step out of my comfort zone. I also always make sure to restock on everything before exiting the level which only gets harder on hub maps, especially if they're large and complex. Without IDDT I'm basically screwed. But if it's more trouble than it's worth like you said and the amount of people like me being slim, I can understand that. Still, it's a great mod!
Yeah, sorry. I experimented with a few dumbfire methods of reorganizing sprites earlier, and those approaches didn't work. I'm not sure of the syntax for removing or inserting things to sector thinglists manually and I'd rather err on the side of not supporting something over causing unwanted/undefined behavior or generally causing GZDoom to collapse in a nuclear ball of fire. As I mentioned above, the behavior of triangle display works while "Show things as sprites" is enabled under automap options ([wiki=CVARs:Automap#am_showthingsprites]am_showthingsprites in the console set to 1, 2, or 3[/wiki]), but only if the item hasn't been touched before. That's the best I fear I can do for the automap for now.
StroggVorbis wrote:Another option for me was to use the 'items' and 'warp' commands, but with this mod this also becomes problematic because every item inherits from the same actor and thus you can't differentiate betweem them anymore.
Now this idea, this I was able to do something with and concisely. If you'll care to download another ninja-feature-addition-version from the first post and try the command "isitems" in the console, I believe you'll be satisfied. Also comes with type filtering, as explained when you use the command.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Omg, thank you so much!
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Xtyfe »

One of the biggest peeves of doom is walking over armor or a supercharge when you already have health or armor bonuses. It just wastes them. Is there a way to make them count separately or something? I'm not sure if that is within the scope of this mod.
Zhs2

Post by Zhs2 »

Soulspheres are health items internally, they are already supported by the mod.

In regards to having armor bonuses as armor then picking up an actual armor, I decided to defer to vanilla pickup behavior since armor bonuses tend to have bonkers-strong save amounts and other properties compared to actual armor. Now that you mention it, though, it would be fairly easy to preserve the bonus armor count and add it to a real armor when you pick one up, provided said count doesn't go higher than the bonus' max count...
Zhs2

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.3

Post by Zhs2 »

Bumping to version 1.3. This is a general maintenance update, fixing a bunch of things that either didn't work right or annoyed me and might also have subsequently been included in some ninja-fixes. A quick rundown of all the major changes:

- Armor repair finally works completely as expected. I might have derped up a few calculations at first, but it's all good now.
- As a plus one to that, you can choose to disable either same or different armor repair. In the instances these are disabled, you'll simply ignore armor that isn't just better SaveAmount-wise.
- Armor bonuses you are already wearing now add themselves to armor you pick up, provided the count does not exceed the maximum amount of armor bonuses you can hold. In vanilla Doom, this means that blue armor will still override all of your armor bonuses. Mod results may vary.
- Amount bars display properly if an item is over maximum, which typically happens to ammo dropped by players, sometimes by mod backpacks.
- Amount bar positioning is now less waaaaaay up in the air for scaled items.
- You may have noticed that the "items" console command is kind of useless with this mod loaded. I've added the command "isitems" to make up for it, along with various subcommands that print only certain item types you might be searching for instead. Creds go to StroggVorbis for inspiring me to do that. In addition, "iscount" has also been added to list items that count for the level tally but have not been collected yet.
TheRatCircus
Operating System Version (Optional): Linux Mint 21.3

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.3

Post by TheRatCircus »

I love this mod -- it's practically essential for me -- but I've noticed that health pickups don't respect the value returned by `PlayerPawn.GetMaxHealth(true)`, since `Actor`'s version of that function is used without any arguments. Would a check for the player and a cast be able to fit in there, or is there a technical reason why that can't be done?

Cheers one way or another.
Zhs2

Re: Intelligent Supplies 1.4

Post by Zhs2 »

TheRatCircus wrote:I love this mod -- it's practically essential for me -- but I've noticed that health pickups don't respect the value returned by `PlayerPawn.GetMaxHealth(true)`, since `Actor`'s version of that function is used without any arguments.
Good catch, actually - this is a big derp on my part that deserves an update bump to 1.4.

- Changed health checks and giving to use the PlayerPawn's GetMaxHealth function, which makes Strife health upgrades counted. Previously only SpawnHealth would be called due to using the generic Actor version.
- Added isunhandled console command to list all items in the level that are not handled by Intelligent Supplies (keys, automaps, etc.) so you don't have to comb through the items command for them.
- Various other little fixes and tweaks I've forgotten probably, like a special flavor case for picking up especially weak healing items that have a lowhealthmessage property when you have low enough health.

Grab it from the first post.
TheRatCircus
Operating System Version (Optional): Linux Mint 21.3

Post by TheRatCircus »

Much appreciated!
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

I absolutely love this mod and its essential to me, but I did notice when randomly playing Dox's Brutal Doom addon that I always get a crash like this every now and then. I don't know exactly what causes it, all I can say is it happened when I picked up the Rocket Launcher and I was playing the Hell on Earth Starter Pack.

EDIT: Here's my load order (I have Gearbox, ZandySave, Hellscape Navigator, and WarTrophies autoloaded

Return to “Gameplay Mods”