GZdoom 4.5.0 sound effect and music issues

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
amdcrash

GZdoom 4.5.0 sound effect and music issues

Post by amdcrash »

when trying to play any wad, GZDoom plays the music through my primary monitor and the sound effects through the laptop's speakers. how do i get it to play sound effects through the speakers of the monitor?
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: GZdoom 4.5.0 sound effect and music issues

Post by Chris »

amdcrash wrote:when trying to play any wad, GZDoom plays the music through my primary monitor and the sound effects through the laptop's speakers. how do i get it to play sound effects through the speakers of the monitor?
I'm guessing you're on Windows. If so, setting the monitor as the default sound device should make GZDoom use it by default. You can also check the game's sound options (Full options menu -> Sound Options -> Advanced options -> OpenAL options) to make sure you have the default sound device selected.
amdcrash

Re: GZdoom 4.5.0 sound effect and music issues

Post by amdcrash »

Chris wrote:
amdcrash wrote:when trying to play any wad, GZDoom plays the music through my primary monitor and the sound effects through the laptop's speakers. how do i get it to play sound effects through the speakers of the monitor?
I'm guessing you're on Windows. If so, setting the monitor as the default sound device should make GZDoom use it by default. You can also check the game's sound options (Full options menu -> Sound Options -> Advanced options -> OpenAL options) to make sure you have the default sound device selected.
thank you for your reply, i had a look at my sound settings and found it was set to my speakers on the monitor but then i saw the openAL options portion and had a look which turned out to have the wrong speaker set, changing it and restarting GZDoom fixed it.

Return to “Technical Issues”