Doom Sprite Batch Render addon for Blender 2.9+

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ChroniclerOfLegends

Doom Sprite Batch Render addon for Blender 2.9+

Post by ChroniclerOfLegends »

The older addons have been broken since Blender 2.8 so I wrote a new addon for sprite batch rendering.
Should work on versions of blender 2.9+

What it does:
Render a 3d model from 8 or 16 directions and name the images in the zdoom format automatically.
Also has a few additional buttons/settings to make the process easier.

https://github.com/chronicleroflegends/ ... atchRender

Disclaimer: I'm a noob at Blender scripting so there may be some issues. I'm using the addon for my own mod so expect updates as I find things to fix.
cce

Re: Doom Sprite Batch Render addon for Blender 2.9+

Post by cce »

Just wanted to let you know I've updated my script and it works fine in Blender 2.9. Sorry for being unresponsive earlier.
Edit: Oh and I really like the cool features in your version. Especially the anti-aliasing switch, super handy!

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”