ZandySave v1.0

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

ZandySave v1.0

Post by TDRR »

ZandySave is a mod inspired by m8f's fantastic autoautosave mod, except built without ZScript for GZDoom 1.8.6 and Zandronum.
Like autoautosave, it's universal, and is designed to work with any mod, map, or IWAD.
ZandySave_v1.0.zip
(28.23 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
It features:
-The ability to save periodically, every X minutes.
-Autosave for everywhere from 10-100% of monsters killed.
-Autosave for every secret found.
-Autosave for a configurable amount of health/armor increase/decrease.
-The ability to individually turn off every autosave condition.
-Plays the Zandronum connect sound when it autosaves 'cause I thought it was cool :biggrin: (with a configurable volume, too)

It does support newer GZDoom versions just fine, but keep in mind that if they support a fairly high ZScript version then you're best off using autoautosave.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: ZandySave v1.0

Post by openroadracer »

Oh, I can't thank you enough for this, TDRR. This has all the features of current AutoAutoSave versions, correct?

I'm just glad I'll be able to have it working with my old, out-of-date GZ4.3.3.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

openroadracer wrote:Oh, I can't thank you enough for this, TDRR. This has all the features of current AutoAutoSave versions, correct?
Well no, it has a small subset of features that should be helpful enough in most cases. You can read which are they in the main post up there.

I might make another version that adds autosaving on boss monster death, but the other changes are too intrusive like for me to include.

Really, if you're running such a relatively recent GZDoom version, you're probably best off using whatever older version of autoautosave you were using before, as long as it didn't have some crippling bug or something. GZDoom 4.x certainly isn't part of the target sourceports, it merely works fine but you can use AAS instead.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

TDRR wrote:Well no, it has a small subset of features that should be helpful enough in most cases. You can read which are they in the main post up there.

I might make another version that adds autosaving on boss monster death, but the other changes are too intrusive like for me to include.

Really, if you're running such a relatively recent GZDoom version, you're probably best off using whatever older version of autoautosave you were using before, as long as it didn't have some crippling bug or something. GZDoom 4.x certainly isn't part of the target sourceports, it merely works fine but you can use AAS instead.
Oh, in other words, I should just stick with AAS v1.3, then. Alright.

Pity, I though this would be better for me.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”