[RELEASE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v2.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
That Blind Guy

[RELEASE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v2.0

Post by That Blind Guy »

I know the trailer is blurry. I was experimenting with a new editor. Sorry about that!

I posted a thread for this mod around 2 years ago, and it has changed quite a lot since then, so much so that I don't think it belongs in Gameplay Mods anymore (where it was originally posted).

Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered is a mod for GZDoom 4.5 that attempts to incorporate gameplay elements of the titular series into DOOM.

46 Weapons and Gadgets
Taken from all over the series, the arsenal and tools you'll gain access to throughout the mod serve as a soft of supercut of the best gear the franchise has to offer. Below is a preview of all 26 weapon pairs and the four gadgets that appear on the status bar as inventory.

New Maps!
Currently the mod features VR Training and Testing Lab maps (the latter is an extension of Kinsie's fantastic DOOMTEST.wad). In addition, a Metroidvania-style campaign, Annihilation Nation, is being worked on slowly but surely.

Enhanced GFX to Take Advantage of the GZDoom Engine
A dedicated menu for extra graphical effects including those built into the engine (dynamic lights, bloom, etc.) and those specific to the mod (projectile trails, breakable decorations, etc.) can be found on the main menu. Here's a comparison of what the mod looks like, first with none of them, then with all of them.

Gameplay Mutators to Tailor the Experience to Your Liking
Much like Enhanced GFX, this is a combination of vanilla and mod-specific options such as turning barrels into crates, health regen/degen, and monster behiaviors. Below is a gameplay demo showing off these mutators in action!

Addons!
Three of them to be specific, each credited to members of the Doom modding community.
-Weapon Wheel by gleasspty
-Bolognese by Sgt. Mark IV
-DamNums by Xaser

Download From ModDB Using the Link Below!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ratchet-clan ... thered-v20
ChristianAlan
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [RELEASE] Ratchet & Clank: Hot and Bothered v2.0

Post by ChristianAlan »

Played the four first four levels of the first episode of Doom and most things were working.

I wasn't able to use the weapon wheel, though I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the mod or my reading skills.

The enemies were varied and cool (Though I was able to solo most stuff with the first pistol on normal difficulty).

Though I must say that uh, the teleporting enemy got stuck on the wall when he tried to ambush me, it was funny, keep up the work!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”