(Wheel with Heretic)
(Blocks with Treasure Tech)
What it is
Gearbox is an add-on for GZDoom that provides more convenient ways to select weapons and items.
It is a successor to the old Weapon Menu mod, which is no longer developed.
Download: latest release or development build
How to use
- GZDoom 4.5 or newer required
- open the menu by assigned key, or by next/previous weapon keys, if enabled in options
- select the weapon with next/previous weapon keys, or with mouse (wheel only)
- Different representations: blocks, wheel, plain text
- Press Fire key to select and Alt Fire key to cancel
- Color and scale options
- Customizable behavior
- Multiplayer compatible
- Reaction to number keys
- extras.wad icon support for vanilla weapons
- Inventory item selection
- Moving weapon between slots and changing order
- For mod authors: if you want Gearbox to support your mod out of the box, assign Inventory.AltHUDIcon for your weapons! Tag property is also nice to have.
- PyWeaponWheel v0.3 overrides time freezing. If you are using both mods and want to freeze time with Gearbox, set PyWeaponWheel's option "Freeze when wheel is open" (py_weaponwheel_freeze CVar) to Off. Note that PyWeaponWheel may be built in some mods, for example in Project Brutality. The solution is the same: disable time PyWeaponWheel's time freezing (Main Menu -> Project Brutality -> Gameplay Settings -> Weapon Special Wheel Freezes Time, set it to Off).
Spoiler: Satellite mods
Spoiler: You may also like other mods in the same vein made by other authors:This mod is a part of m8f's toolbox.