Scavver's Paradise V2.3.1 - A Survival Horror Mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

AMMO: Should ammunition have weight?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:11 pm

1) Yes! Make the ammo harness reduce reloading speed.
36%
2) Nah! Keep the hard ammo caps and weightlessness plz.
14%
3) Both! Make it a CVAR that players can toggle as desired. (DUNNO If I can accomplish this!)
50%

Total votes: 14

Someonewhoplaysdoom

Re: Scavver's Paradise V2.3.1 - A Survival Horror Mod

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Well, after some time playing the mod and starting playing it again recently, I decided to do a run with BFG weapon instead of plasma/laser for the energy option. Holy Hell the BFG 12k its ridiculously amazing. It decimates everything and everyone with tons of Battery efficiency (as long you manage your loadout weight which is not particulary hard). I want to try the classic BFG 9000 and the railgun version as well as the anti-matter cannon, since most of the time the only weapon of these clases I used was the BFG3k

On the other hand, IDK if someone else already reported this, but I just noticed that the 6.5mm DMR weights like double of its stimated weight on the PDA. The PDA says that It weights 4.2 kgs, but in game the rifle goes more than 8 kgs when you pick it, tecnically making it the heaviest ballistic weapon so far if Im not mistaken.
CaptainNurbles
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CaptainNurbles »

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:28 am I just noticed that the 6.5mm DMR weights like double of its stimated weight on the PDA. The PDA says that It weights 4.2 kgs, but in game the rifle goes more than 8 kgs when you pick it, tecnically making it the heaviest ballistic weapon so far if Im not mistaken.
I don't remember ever stumbling upon that error before, but in the dev build of the mod it is its proper intended weight of 4.2 kilos. Either way, it'll be working proper once I eventually drop this damn update.

SPEAKING OF, I'll try to get a progress video done some time this weekend. There's been too much progress and I've shown none of it off to y'all, but luckily the mod's FINALLY in a good place where I can show off what's been done so far. I won't give any estimated release dates, cause I keep coming up with ideas for improvements, changes, and additions to be made, and I want this next update to be as good as friggen possible. Y'all deserve only the best.
CaptainNurbles

Post by CaptainNurbles »

Alright, finally SOME good news.

Mod's in a good spot where I can probably drop an early release of the 3.0 Beta. I'll be dropping it with the video once I finish adding new content and making BIG changes. Still got monsters to add, gotta improve and add to an entirely new class of monster, and a new class of weaponry that I haven't started on JUST yet. Outside of that, all that's left here is for me to work on tweaks 'n fixes, try to figure out ideas for additional upgrades to include for the mod, and then I can post that as a 3.0 final release. Gonna give youse an early release since you folks have been waiting LONG enough as it is.

I'm considering this update the 3.0 version because, while it isn't ENORMOUSLY different in gameplay from the current public version, it is QUITE a lot different from the original 2.0 launch version of the mod. Enough so that it's almost a completely different beast entirely, with heaps more content, refined balancing and mechanics, and a lot of changes to how it plays (remember only being able to hold 60 pounds of guns that don't affect your mobility?)

Not going to give a date for release, cause I don't do well with deadlines, but it shouldn't take TOO long to add all the new content I want. Hardest part will be seeing if my computer can handle rendering a friggen video (4060 ti and a Ryzen 9, 32 gigglebits of RAM, yet blue screens within minutes of playing a lot of modern games. Won't surprise me if a video editor crashes the system too.)

SOON. I know I've been promising "Soon" for months now, but it's been a constant battle between personal issues IRL and just finding the motivation to keep working on this jank mod. Promise ya it'll be coming out within a reasonable timeframe.
HyperExia
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home

Post by HyperExia »

Good luck man! Hope things go smoothly for you.
thegerman643

Post by thegerman643 »

So glad I found this mod! Just wanted to say you rock man and can't wait for 3.0!
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:28 am Well, after some time playing the mod and starting playing it again recently, I decided to do a run with BFG weapon instead of plasma/laser for the energy option. Holy Hell the BFG 12k its ridiculously amazing. It decimates everything and everyone with tons of Battery efficiency (as long you manage your loadout weight which is not particulary hard). I want to try the classic BFG 9000 and the railgun version as well as the anti-matter cannon, since most of the time the only weapon of these clases I used was the BFG3k
In the meantime, I finished sometime ago this run on the Consolation Price PSX Doom (again, one of my favorite WADS for this gameplay mod). I have to say that I got definitely in love with the BFG 9K and BFG 12K. The first one just does classic BFG stuff and having an altfire helps a lot for when you wanna use It on small groups of non boss enemies. The BFG 12K just obliterates everyone at really good eficiency, and its range is decent enought to avoid enemies.

The railgun meanwhile, is quite powerful and can take down enemies in groups, but I still wanna play with it more to test it out. The AOE damage took me by surprise and its a weapon that can destroy you if you're trying to use it on a really close space. The Anti-matter canon didn't conviced me at all, but its interesting for being the only weapon on its Damage type. its hard to use and still the damage of the normal fire is quite weak for normal enemies, while the full charge attack can be really dangerous for the scavver if you miss the aim hehe.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”