Scoot Hard DX: Daytime Drama Zero (Version 1.2)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Drthvdr01

Re: Scoot Hard DX: Daytime Drama Zero (Beta 2.8.2)

Post by Drthvdr01 »

Scootaloo!? Yes please!! It would be really awesome at some point she can be turned into a character mod, to go with other map wads. That would be fun.
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Scoot Hard DX: Daytime Drama Zero (Beta 2.8.3a)

Post by SanyaWaffles »

Scoot Hard DX Beta 2.8.3a is out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upfst9u1xu7ch ... .ipk3?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/afn2pkxgoqjth ... a.zip?dl=1
  • E2M1, E2M2, E2M4 and E2M5 have all been given major overhauls
  • E3M2 and E3M3 has been adjusted. We're still working on balance these
  • New voice actress for Surprise, the lovely CakeofRage has come on as the voice of Surprise
  • Some new Dr. Atmosphere and Maimbow Lines. We're still working on adjusting the levels on these
  • Introducing the not-patented Vox Voiceover Subsystem. The bosses taunt you remotely! In Episode 2 it's Dr. Atmosphere, in Episode 3 it's Maimbow
  • Some lore changes. Nothing too major, mainly the relationship of Surprise and Dr. Atmosphere has been changed. You are all forbidden from making jokes about this
  • Tweaked Surprise and Dr. Atmosphere's boss fights a bit
  • Tweaked the AI for the enemies a bit to accomodate underwater sections, as well as fix the jumping issues. Enemies should work underwater and jump more reliably now
  • Fillyseeker has new design to help distinguish it from Missile Launcher more
  • Tornadozer overhaul. Primary fire one hits most things. Secondary fire lets loose it's classic homing, seeking tornado
  • Many other changes
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

I don't know how to put this, but something about hearing Scootaloo shout "You plucked the wrong chicken!" while gibbing a group of angry pega-supremacists just gives me this warm fuzzy feeling. It's like being reminded that things can be good without having to be polished--that it's possible to create something that nobody asked for, that nobody would expect to be enjoyable, and yet put so much time and effort into it that it transcends expectations and common sense.

I saw this in Daytime Drama, and I see it here. I wish I was crazy enough to make something like this. Whatever it is you're doing, keep doing it.
SanyaWaffles

Post by SanyaWaffles »

@Dawnbreez Thanks for the feedback!

That's going to be the big thing about this, people seem to enjoy this despite how ludicrous it is.

This is going to be big. This is going to be bigger than Daytime Drama, I know it. We got big plans, me and the team do. Stay tuned.
SanyaWaffles

Post by SanyaWaffles »

So we're planning a bit Beta 3 soon (It's been a while!)

Here's a teaser - some gameplay footage of the mine level.

SanyaWaffles

Re: Scoot Hard DX: Daytime Drama Zero (Beta 3)

Post by SanyaWaffles »

After a long wait, Scoot Hard DX is in Beta 3 – and it’s feature complete. The only thing that needs done absolutely is the rest of the music and some polishing touches.

SHDX Public Beta 3 with WIGZDoom

Standalone IPK3

The major changes from 2.8.3a:
  • Chicken Mode remembers your health if it’s above 100, and restores it back when you unmorph
  • Difficulty balance has been tweaked to better scale and not be so difficult.
  • Redid armor system to be more reliable. It now acts like a health buffer for certain damage types
  • New Scootaloo VA. We welcome Victoria Prater to the team as Scootaloo
  • New voice for Engineer - Dane/Movieunleashers
  • Reworked and redrew the Tornadozer to fire tons of mini-tornadoes for the primary fire, while keeping the classic secondary tornado attack which homes in on enemies
  • Redid all the textures, added skyboxes
  • Added brightmaps to many things
  • All levels are present and playable in the game. We added E2M3, E2S1, E3M1, and retooled/recolored a bunch of levels and boss battles to make them as quality as possible
  • End Credits completely redone
  • Redid a bunch of sounds, balanced others
  • Redid how heating up applesauce works, less hacky way of doing it thanks to ZScript
  • Added better gib effects for both ponies and mechanical stuff, including the ice shattering effect
  • Jettisoned old explosion code, which was jank
  • More music was done for Episode 2 and 3
  • Several bugfixes
  • Switched to WIGZDoom
  • Many other changes I can’t remember
Spoiler: Screenshots
SanyaWaffles

Re: Scoot Hard DX: Daytime Drama Zero (Beta 3)

Post by SanyaWaffles »

Spoiler: Disclaimer
Beta Version 3.1 is out. It fixes a critical bug in the weapon system, adds a new jingle for the secret and a bunch of other sounds, as well as some new music tracks.

SHDX Public Beta 3.1 with WIGZDOOM

Note - some Antiviruses might pick up WIGZDoom as an unknown file. I assure you it's safe, but if you prefer to use your own copy of GZDoom for any reason here's the included IPK3.

Standalone IPK3
SanyaWaffles

Re: Scoot Hard DX: Daytime Drama Zero (Version 1.2)

Post by SanyaWaffles »

After several months in development, it's finally here!

Yippie Ki Yay, Mother Bucker!

EDIT: Check the front page for links, Version 1.1 has been released to fix some issues.

EDIT 2: Version 1.2 has been pushed out!
NikoTheGrunt
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NikoTheGrunt »

So, um... how do i run this? Sorry i'm unfamiliar with IPK3 files.

I tried extracting the downloaded ZIP files, but i keep getting errors saying "Unexpected end of archive" or "Archive is corrupt"
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

NikoTheGrunt wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:50 pm So, um... how do i run this? Sorry i'm unfamiliar with IPK3 files.

I tried extracting the downloaded ZIP files, but i keep getting errors saying "Unexpected end of archive" or "Archive is corrupt"
I confirm the words of NikoTheGrunt! I even downloaded a more recent version 1.3 from the Official Team Website (https://waffleironstudios.com/scoot-hard-dx/) and also writes "Data error" when unzipping. Downloading 1.2 is the same problem. Please fix it! :(
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Void Warrior wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:07 pm
NikoTheGrunt wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:50 pm So, um... how do i run this? Sorry i'm unfamiliar with IPK3 files.

I confirm the words of NikoTheGrunt! I even downloaded a more recent version 1.3 from the Official Team Website (https://waffleironstudios.com/scoot-hard-dx/) and also writes "Data error" when unzipping. Downloading 1.2 is the same problem. Please fix it! :(
I just download it with Jdownloader2, and works fine
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

Oh, Really?! That is, the archive is not fully downloaded through the usual browser download? But it is completely downloaded through third-party programs like Download Master?! What the hell?!

Thank you, irukanjji!
:)
NikoTheGrunt
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NikoTheGrunt »

Thanks for the help, sorry i took too long to reply. I'll be sure to try later.
Last edited by NikoTheGrunt on Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SanyaWaffles

Post by SanyaWaffles »

Apologies for the late response. I don't check this forum much.

It seems people are having trouble with my website. I'll look into it.

That said, it surprises me people actually wanna play this still O_O

I want to say Scoot Hard DX went commercial. I haven't created a thread here for it, but it's been succeeded by a mostly original IP called Project Absentia - throwing the pony stuff out for a race of winged creatures calling themselves angels. We worked with AuroraDawn, the author of the fic, to make it an original IP from both Ponies and his fanfic.

That said, I have a link to SHDX 1.3's IPK3 right here until I figure out the website issues. Some bugs are present that I don't wanna fix, but they are fixed in Project Absentia, which is much more refined than SHDX ever was.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92p59wwty91ck ... .ipk3?dl=1

It should run in stock GZDoom.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1662 ... _Absentia/

Check out Project Absentia though, it's a lot more high quality and refined, and eliminates a lot of the cruft of SHDX, and will have more episodes. I may make a new thread for it, we'll see.
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

SanyaWaffles wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:05 am Apologies for the late response. I don't check this forum much.

It seems people are having trouble with my website. I'll look into it.

That said, it surprises me people actually wanna play this still O_O

I want to say Scoot Hard DX went commercial. I haven't created a thread here for it, but it's been succeeded by a mostly original IP called Project Absentia - throwing the pony stuff out for a race of winged creatures calling themselves angels. We worked with AuroraDawn, the author of the fic, to make it an original IP from both Ponies and his fanfic.

That said, I have a link to SHDX 1.3's IPK3 right here until I figure out the website issues. Some bugs are present that I don't wanna fix, but they are fixed in Project Absentia, which is much more refined than SHDX ever was.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92p59wwty91ck ... .ipk3?dl=1

It should run in stock GZDoom.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1662 ... _Absentia/

Check out Project Absentia though, it's a lot more high quality and refined, and eliminates a lot of the cruft of SHDX, and will have more episodes. I may make a new thread for it, we'll see.
Thank you for responding! Yes, I am aware of "Project Absentia"! Despite the Early Access, I liked your project and I'm waiting for a Full Release. :D

By the way, I even wrote reviews for your work (In Russian, Project Absentia: https://doomguy.ru/community/topic/proj ... ij-dostup/; Daytime Drama & Scoot Hard DX Daytime Drama Zero: https://doomguy.ru/community/topic/dayt ... -absentia/ ). Do you want to know why this job is still being pumped? Be sure to read the opinion about "Scoot Hard DX" from me and you will understand. :)

But I still can't figure out: "Why is Project Absentia so much easier than Scoot Hard DX?!" It seems to me that you weakened the Bosses in vain!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”