SPACE HULK

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mooney

Re: SPACE HULK

Post by Mooney »

Glad you're working on it again.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Awesome ..gonna test it later
Ferretmanjcdenton

Merchant Archon wrote:I cleaned a couple thigs up and tested the mod with trench foot , maps of chaos and Slaughterfest 2012 and it run just fine, so I think the problem is fixed.
Turns out the genestealers were the problem.
I'm also working on making melee weapons a bit more powerful to give the player a fighting chance up close.
Screenshot (15).jpg
Wait ..have you updated the link already?
Merchant Archon

Post by Merchant Archon »

No, there will be a new version by the end of the week.
I did a quick testrender of a Genestealer from Spacehulk: Deathwing. Maybe I'll find the time to do a complete set of enemies and Terminators.
Those look really good, can't wait to see more.
Ferretmanjcdenton

Merchant Archon wrote:
No, there will be a new version by the end of the week.

Awesome ..can't wait
Merchant Archon

Version 0.2 is here.
I fixed the lagging, made melee weapons more reliable ,running less janky and the code a bit cleaner.
Next I'll probably improve the flashlight unless any urgent problems come up
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I finished the genestealer sprites, about 700 in total. I also wrote complete ZScript actor code for it. I'll provide it to you within the next several days.
nekostuffing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by nekostuffing »

Hi im the guy making the astartes doom mod and i remember playing the first version of your mod, and i would like to say that it was your mod that inspired me to try to make my own 40k mod wich is now the astartes doom mod, i had a lot of fun with your mod thanks for making it.
I would also like to ask you is your name Bacco over at Doomworld, i ask this because he asked me a wile back if he could use mi sprites and sence i noticed you used some of the sprites i made for Doom Astartes im wondering if you were him, its no problem either way im just curious.
CBM
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by CBM »

very cool... with this (that also served as inspiration for me), the astartes mod and my upcoming space crusade mod... we can bring much needed 40k goodness to doom
Merchant Archon

Hi im the guy making the astartes doom mod and i remember playing the first version of your mod, and i would like to say that it was your mod that inspired me to try to make my own 40k mod wich is now the astartes doom mod, i had a lot of fun with your mod thanks for making it.
I would also like to ask you is your name Bacco over at Doomworld, i ask this because he asked me a wile back if he could use mi sprites and sence i noticed you used some of the sprites i made for Doom Astartes im wondering if you were him, its no problem either way im just curious.
I don't have a account on Doomworld so that wasn't me and I wasnt involved in the making of the first version but I'm glad you enjoyed my work.
Impractical_Joker

Post by Impractical_Joker »

I really hope this mod won't be forgotten, it really has lots of potential. I'm just hoping eventually that all the vanilla doom enemies will have a form of replacement.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

We certainly need more WH40k doom mods like this one. But boy oh boy Genestealers really needs some nerf because you die in one or two hits. So far i've found no healing items in Space Hulk and i walk really slow since i'm wearing a Terminator Armor. Considering Genestealers can easily rip my armor to shreds, they literally trivialize any Melee Weapons i can equip. It's frustrating, rather than scary i'm afraid. But it's just my opinion here.

Plus about the intro scene, you might consider removing those corpses or else the map might get slow.

EDIT: I just noticed that i still can use Heavy Flamer although it's already out of ammo.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”