[WIP] Kar En Tuk - "Doom E2rnal"

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
OverDriver05
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] Kar En Tuk - "Doom E2rnal"

Post by OverDriver05 »

Hopefully, this is also compatible with mobile source ports!
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

just give me the rage inducing combat of the Marauder and ill be content :'D
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

YES!! I have been waiting for a proper Doom Eternal mod, lets be honest we saw this one coming, and from the man that gave us D4D/D4T so pumped for this one as always the sprites for the guns looks excellent and looking foward in how the mechanics of the game will be implemented here. Loved the showcase video of the new enemies behavior akin to the actual thing, cant wait for the first release.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

TiberiumSoul wrote:just give me the rage inducing combat of the Marauder and ill be content :'D
God yes.

I want to be able to fight ten Marauders at once with all the ball-busting that would entail.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

OverDriver05 wrote:Hopefully, this is also compatible with mobile source ports!
I mean, Delta Touch supports new GZDoom anyway, so just about every mod ever is compatible nowadays
TiberiumSoul wrote:just give me the rage inducing combat of the Marauder and ill be content :'D
Gollgagh wrote:I want to be able to fight ten Marauders at once with all the ball-busting that would entail.
I wont be able to bring him 1:1, but he sure has his obnoxious and familiar side for sure!
AstartesCitizen wrote:YES!! I have been waiting for a proper Doom Eternal mod, lets be honest we saw this one coming, and from the man that gave us D4D/D4T so pumped for this one as always the sprites for the guns looks excellent and looking foward in how the mechanics of the game will be implemented here. Loved the showcase video of the new enemies behavior akin to the actual thing, cant wait for the first release.
Thank you! Speaking of showcases!

mutator

Post by mutator »

D4T was my favorite mod and still is, if you play this mod with slaughter wads these new attacks will make the game super hard because even with vanilla monsters slaughter wads arent possible to beat for certain people depending on how skilled player you are so will there be vanilla doom monsters option like there was for qcde mod?
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Is there a chance the pistol could be added too?
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

NullWire wrote:Is there a chance the pistol could be added too?
DBThanatos wrote:
GeneralDelphox wrote:You never fail to impress, DBT! Also, will the pistol finally make it's appearance?
Nah, I tried the pistol but it just didn't seem to play nice with the rest of DE. For KET, im just not gonna add it unless it becomes official in DE at some point.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Another little showcase

Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

DBThanatos wrote: Oh, that's definitely very interesting. While I acquired most of the sounds that I needed the hard way, be that listening to 8k sounds until I found the one I wanted or by carefully ripping them in-game, the reality is that all monster sounds are a mess! I'll definitely have a look at that guide!

This might be of use as well.

KET is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Youtube is sucha useful platform when it comes to sound editing, resource gathering and etc. But if only the video i'm watching has higher quality tho!
OverDriver05

Post by OverDriver05 »

Just saw all of the latest videos for the upcoming DOOM: Kar En Tuk, and i was impressed at all the progress so far! Good job, dbthanatos!

However, i want to give my personal opinions/semi-feedback regarding both D4T: Death Foretold and DOOM: Kar En Tuk, and what we want to see in the latter!

* It's kinda bummer that the Pistol is left out in DOOM Eternal, so i was hoping the Pistol is one of the weapons in DOOM: Kar En Tuk, albeit as a rare drop or as a rare weapon that's need to be found in a specific area. Speaking of the Pistol, D4T: Death Foretold's EMG Pistol lacks some animations, particularly where it charges its Charge Shot. In DOOM (2016), the flaps on the Pistol opens up whenever you readied your Charge Shot. Hopefully this little issue is resolved in case you make a little update for D4T: Death Foretold.
* I have nothing much to say about DOOM: Kar En Tuk's Combat Shotgun. Just weak enough to stagger demons and leave them open for Glory Kills, but not too strong that it can actually one-shot most demons (such as the Unwilling). One of my complaints with D4T: Death Foretold's Combat Shotgun is that you immediately fires your Shotgun's Weapon Mod the moment you tap the Alt-Fire, so much that some made a modification of D4T: Death Foretold just to allow you to toggle the use of the Shotgun's Weapon Mod(s) much like every other weapon in vanilla D4T. Hopefully you fix this this issue!
* I'm a bit disappointed about the Chainsaw Glory Kill in D4T: Death Foretold being more of a stab than a long grinding animation like in DOOM (2016). So imagine my surprise when DOOM: Kar En Tuk's Chainsaw Glory Kill features just that! I hope you include this in the next update of D4T: Death Foretold!
* I'm kinda worried if Kar En Tuk will only run on the latest GZDoom and NOT include mobile source ports like D-Touch and Delta Touch. It's especially bad, considering most Delta Touch users uses low-end phone.

Hopefully this feedback might help with the development of both D4T: Death Foretold and DOOM: Kar En Tuk!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

OverDriver05 wrote:I'm kinda worried if Kar En Tuk will only run on the latest GZDoom and NOT include mobile source ports like D-Touch and Delta Touch. It's especially bad, considering most Delta Touch users uses low-end phone.
DBT is developing Kar En Tuk with Zandronum as his target, just like all his other mods. So it should run on older, lower-spec engine versions.
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

Kinsie wrote:
OverDriver05 wrote:I'm kinda worried if Kar En Tuk will only run on the latest GZDoom and NOT include mobile source ports like D-Touch and Delta Touch. It's especially bad, considering most Delta Touch users uses low-end phone.
DBT is developing Kar En Tuk with Zandronum as his target, just like all his other mods. So it should run on older, lower-spec engine versions.
Thats great to know! Most of the newer mods out there demand the latest GZDOOM which in itself its no bad at all, after all is the modern sourceport that allows those newer mods to exist to being with, but glad that low-end users will get to Rip and Tear with this mod when is released, best of luck!
OverDriver05

Post by OverDriver05 »

You know, i would be kinda cool if dbthanatos released a Test Alpha version exclusively for Discord users, just to test some errors and bugs.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”