Bouncy's Reelism 2 Mod Pack (v 0.902 - now working for 1.23)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BlueWarriorJames
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Bouncy's Reelism 2 Mod Pack (v 0.700 - now working for 1

Post by BlueWarriorJames »

New Super Weapon Idea
Black Hole Bomb - Literally just "the Son of a Bitch" from Reelism 1 but this time, if used on a Weakend Boss; it will make the Boss Friendly for you!
How to get it - Talk to a Special NPC named Case Ardin

Also, New Tomed Weapon Ideas
Rocket Ball Launcher: Literally behaves like the Chain bomb Ability from Kirby and the Forgotten Land. 2 Rocketballs connect from a certain radius to make a Powerful Explosion
Antique Shotgun: Aside from being stronger, it Never Breaks!
Cuttlery: Literally Insta-kills the Enemy (But deals heavy Damage on bosses) and Heals you up to full Health
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Re: Bouncy's Reelism 2 Mod Pack (v 0.750 - now working for 1

Post by BouncyTEM »

I don't think the Black Hole Bomb's viable - I could do the SOAB, sure, but the weakened boss thing? wouldn't be relevant for anything outside of Infinite Mode. I dunno. I'll think about it.

Rocket Ball Launcher I already have, shall we say, serious plans for.
Had in mind for the Antique that it won't break on tomed version.

Like the Cutlery idea. Will look into tweaking that, since it should be viable.

Also, new version! A couple new tomed weapons, Blue Lips has a statue in the dog temple, bunch of assorted fixes and other miscellaneous things, new Red Pill reel...
BlueWarriorJames

Re: Bouncy's Reelism 2 Mod Pack (v 0.750 - now working for 1

BouncyTEM wrote:I don't think the Black Hole Bomb's viable - I could do the SOAB, sure, but the weakened boss thing? wouldn't be relevant for anything outside of Infinite Mode. I dunno. I'll think about it.

Rocket Ball Launcher I already have, shall we say, serious plans for.
Had in mind for the Antique that it won't break on tomed version.

Like the Cutlery idea. Will look into tweaking that, since it should be viable.

Also, new version! A couple new tomed weapons, Blue Lips has a statue in the dog temple, bunch of assorted fixes and other miscellaneous things, new Red Pill reel...
What kind of Plans, and Yes I know the Tomed Version of the Rocket ball Launcher will not be the Chain Bomb.
But I have a Boss in mind being the Cycloid Emperor (Assisted by his goons from Enemy Unknown) and a new Slot which is like Nevermore but instead of Weapons, instead it spawns Enemies from Raven Software's Library like (Nitro)Golems, Afrits, and Knight Archers from Heretic, Hexen, and Hexen II respectivly!
BouncyTEM

Re: Bouncy's Reelism 2 Mod Pack (v 0.756 - now working for 1

Post by BouncyTEM »

as I was alluding to by bolding the word, i'm taking cues from *Serious Sam* for the tomed version.

Also, bug fix release, all. Antique Shotgun works correctly again.
BlueWarriorJames

BouncyTEM wrote:as I was alluding to by bolding the word, i'm taking cues from *Serious Sam* for the tomed version.

Also, bug fix release, all. Antique Shotgun works correctly again.
Okay... I get it... But anyways...
A new Slot 3 idea called "Raven's Nest" which spawns enemies from Heretic, Hexen, and Hexen 2. That being the Golems/Nitrogolems from Heretic, the Afrit from Hexen, and the Knight Archer from Hexen 2.
and a New boss being the Cycloid Emperor (straight out of Duke3d!)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Extra Feedback: Terminator head props upon their destruction never disappear.
BlueWarriorJames

and I almost forgot... I had a Jackpot in Mind called "Quad Score!" which quadruples any Point gains for the Entire Round and a New Slot 1 in mind known as "Dee Em Gee" which presents the Screen in a Monochorme Green and Black Color Scheme similar to the original Game boy. It's like the Custom Sephia Tone Reel from Reelism 1.
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

Alright, BlueWarriorJames, can I have a moment of your time?

I appreciate your enthusiasm. You have a lot of ideas, and that, itself, isn't a bad thing, per se.

Here's the thing, though - I already have plenty of ideas for how I want to expand upon this project, and i'm not really willing to just say yes to literally every thought thrown in my direction. You understand what I mean? If I did, I literally would not have time for my own ideas. I have to set boundaries somewhere.

I want this to be *my* Reelism mod - my vision.

I'd really recommend, perhaps, learning from the base reelism 2 mod and mine in tandem, and bringing these ideas to life in *your* reelism 2 pack. I'm sure there'd be people interested in trying it, heck, i'd probably give it a run too - and most of the folk around here are pretty friendly, so any difficulties you come across, they should be able to help, yeah?

So, if all you're here to do is to throw ideas my way...

please kindly utilize these ideas for yourself instead?
BlueWarriorJames

BouncyTEM wrote:Alright, BlueWarriorJames, can I have a moment of your time?

I appreciate your enthusiasm. You have a lot of ideas, and that, itself, isn't a bad thing, per se.

Here's the thing, though - I already have plenty of ideas for how I want to expand upon this project, and i'm not really willing to just say yes to literally every thought thrown in my direction. You understand what I mean? If I did, I literally would not have time for my own ideas. I have to set boundaries somewhere.

I want this to be *my* Reelism mod - my vision.

I'd really recommend, perhaps, learning from the base reelism 2 mod and mine in tandem, and bringing these ideas to life in *your* reelism 2 pack. I'm sure there'd be people interested in trying it, heck, i'd probably give it a run too - and most of the folk around here are pretty friendly, so any difficulties you come across, they should be able to help, yeah?

So, if all you're here to do is to throw ideas my way...

please kindly utilize these ideas for yourself instead?
But I don't know how to mod sadly... :( I mean, You can't help me make first Slot 1 and Jackpot...
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

BlueWarriorJames wrote:But I don't know how to mod sadly... :( I mean, You can't help me make first Slot 1 and Jackpot...
The community would love to help you learn, and get your foot in the door. We have a very well populated Tutorials section full of guides, and if you still have questions from there, you can start a thread in the Scripting section and ask all the questions you need. Remember, it's only a question of willpower; if even I can learn how to make mods, you can learn, too!
BlueWarriorJames

Would it be possible to add Custom Trivia? Like
"Did you Know? Japanese Rapper M-FLO's favorite Sonic the Hedgehog Character is none other than Shadow the Hedgehog! If fact, he loves him so much in the Tripod Baby Music Video, Shadow captures People in a Cube!"
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

BlueWarriorJames wrote:Would it be possible to add Custom Trivia? Like
"Did you Know? Japanese Rapper M-FLO's favorite Sonic the Hedgehog Character is none other than Shadow the Hedgehog! If fact, he loves him so much in the Tripod Baby Music Video, Shadow captures People in a Cube!"
that... is kinda unrelated, i'm sorry.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Bouncy's Reelism 2 Mod Pack (v 0.756 - now working for 1.21)

Post by Captain J »

Extra Feedback:

- It seems the friendly Blake Stone Scientists are immune to THE JERK. They've been blocking his movement for entire reel and is this happened to anyone?

- Maybe i was standing above it? Firebomb Landmine doesn't have earth-shattering earthquake upon explosion. Also doesn't play default boom echo sound.

Plus i wish it was a bit more smarter to detect an enemy.
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

Captain J wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:06 am Extra Feedback:

- It seems the friendly Blake Stone Scientists are immune to THE JERK. They've been blocking his movement for entire reel and is this happened to anyone?

- Maybe i was standing above it? Firebomb Landmine doesn't have earth-shattering earthquake upon explosion. Also doesn't play default boom echo sound.

Plus i wish it was a bit more smarter to detect an enemy.
Oops, can fix that.

I don't think the landmine having an earth-shattering earthquake would be a wise idea - Reelism is crazy enough that that kind of disruption for you could seriously put you under threat. As far as sounds, it does play ROTT's.

I can make it a bit more generous in its reach to try to make it easier to hit enemies, but that's about the limit of what I can do.
BlueWarriorJames

Captain J wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:06 am - It seems the friendly Blake Stone Scientists are immune to THE JERK. They've been blocking his movement for entire reel and is this happened to anyone?
The same applies to the Rebels

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”