Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
atarumoroboshi18

Re: (Enriched Update) Ashes Afterglow TC

Post by atarumoroboshi18 »

Oh man, not sure how viable something like this would be, but I've thought of a method of in-game mapping that I think would fit fairly well in the game and give scrap a whole new purpose! I call it bread-scrapping. Essentially, a new inventory item(or a new button, depending on how far you would want to go with this), that, when activated, you would drop a piece of scrap(like a breadcrumb) where you're standing that would have to be interacted with, just like an armed tripmine, to pick back up.

This scrap would then act as a shining bread crumb to follow in case you are getting lost. This would allow you to mark off locations you've been, or locations you should go back to. If this could be combined with the in-game Doom map(There's already markers built in, what if they could be associated with the scrap), it would be even better. Just throwing this out there as the levels really do get BIG and having some method of in-game navigation like this would be amazing.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

GZD already has automap markers by default, I think that serves well enough. Though I suppose an ingame marker like glowsticks or something wouldn't hurt.
Actually, I've been thinking about making a marker mod of my own. GZD's markers only go up to 9, and it's very limiting considering the size of modern GZD maps these days. Wonder if it's easy enough to do with menu summons. I'll see when I get there.
atarumoroboshi18

ZikShadow wrote:GZD already has automap markers by default, I think that serves well enough. Though I suppose an ingame marker like glowsticks or something wouldn't hurt.
Actually, I've been thinking about making a marker mod of my own. GZD's markers only go up to 9, and it's very limiting considering the size of modern GZD maps these days. Wonder if it's easy enough to do with menu summons. I'll see when I get there.
do it.gif
do it.gif (160.33 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
himmelreich1

Post by himmelreich1 »

Vostyok, in last update of 2063 enriched, using 'give all' in console effectively locks you from using weapons, probably related to new addition of no weapons at the Wall.
Ihavequestions
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ihavequestions »

ZikShadow wrote:GZD already has automap markers by default, I think that serves well enough. Though I suppose an ingame marker like glowsticks or something wouldn't hurt.
There are spray cans everywhere. Vostyok just needs to make them usable by the player, so spots can be marked.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

ZikShadow wrote:Actually, I've been thinking about making a marker mod of my own. GZD's markers only go up to 9, and it's very limiting considering the size of modern GZD maps these days. Wonder if it's easy enough to do with menu summons. I'll see when I get there.
Took me surprisingly short time to do, heh.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=73743
Dostoyevskiy

Post by Dostoyevskiy »

Those damn dummies nearly drove me to a heart attack last time.
And so they returned.

Oh, damn it.
Big_Boss

Post by Big_Boss »

First of all, thanks Vostyok and team that worked on project!
Looks like nobody posted anything about updated Enriched, I competed it (updated version after announcment to reupload it), the dam is a cool bonus map, with a nice reward. 8-)
All of double hatches textures on doors I've seen been updated, haven't found single one out of place. But here is screenshots of few bugs that I happend to come across:
1. Missing sky texture and blue water pipe texture, 2 for price of 1 screenshot this is a map where you ride a bike to city. First part of map has orange sky and it's fully in tact also pipe sprites on the way to The Spire also colored correctly with moody water.
Spoiler:
2. Not really a bug, but this chandelier looks really out of place?
Spoiler:
3. Invincible troll? I oneshotted most of his friends, but he took 15 bullets from rifle and around 20 shotgun shells before killing me, reloading save still didn't help killing him.
Spoiler:
I also completed episode 2 on versuon 1.00(0.99), amazing gave, I coudn't imagine that something so big can be made on doom engine, great soundtrack, great dialogs, amazing level desing. I only found 1 secret map
Spoiler:
And got 3 endings on one playthrough.
Spoiler:
Also with enriched version, getting most of secrets and walking throught Temple of Dollar I ended up with more than 1000 dollars of scrap, maybe some gun uprage or another gun for purchase to balance this out?

Got only 2 critical bugs, one with elevator on nuclear plant and second one I don't even remember xD
Also about guns, two questions:
- Maybe add some automatic rifle for .45 calibre? As second weapon for key 3? (The only suiting real gun using that calibre that I know is Tommy Gun) or FN FAL(?) from Deadman walking.
- I don't know anything about coding, but would it be possible to code a police shield for player, same one as pigcops are using? I'm a sucker for tactical shields in shooters :lol:
And again, thanks for this amazing game!
atarumoroboshi18

Oh man, I know I missed a TON of things, but the game was just so enormous. When 1.05 drops I'm diving in from the start with that Extended Markers mod that ZikShadow just made. This was a wild ride from start to finish, moments of pure silence, moments of epic firefights, moments of despair, moments of pure awe, moments of badassery, etc. It's a complete and total package, from beginning to end! That ending was absolutely awesome, just twists and turns and desperate fights against everyone and everything. This was one of the best things I've played in YEARS. The worst part about this is, you guys raised the bar so f*$&ing high that everything else is going to be compared to this for years to come.
Wally Hackenslacker
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wally Hackenslacker »

I started playing the most recent version of 2063 Enriched and found a little bug:
Spoiler:
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

Loves your TC's but i was wondering, when are you going to release a sterile version of Episode 2? Also the monsters and weapons as standalones please :)
blakecasimir

Post by blakecasimir »

Just finished Afterglow. And Anomaly 210. Incredible work. Apocalypse isn't hard enough though. Seriously.
If there's another sequel it should be a full game on GOG / Steam. Vostyok deserves paying for this!
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

thugsta wrote:Loves your TC's but i was wondering, when are you going to release a sterile version of Episode 2? Also the monsters and weapons as standalones please :)
While I too am excited about the possibility of a sterile version, please remember the devs have been working hard this whole time on the full version, and stripping out all that work for a sterile version isn't exactly easy. Be patient and let them finish polishing the intended experience first.

8-)
Joje

Post by Joje »

yaaay i did it, that was insane, now i will complain about extremely miniscule things that doesnt actually matter, i will also ask a bunch of questions by this fine little community.
Spoiler:
Big_Boss

Post by Big_Boss »

Joje wrote:OH!! And how about a purchable upgrade for the lantern in the next game :roll: i really liked the idea of changing the "stats" of the scav by changing some values, like how much of a certain ammo type he can carry. More of that would be cool.[/spoiler]
Both of those are available, 1st one is reward for bartender quest in 1st hub, 2nd one is purchasable in 2nd hub.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”