Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
gennoveus

Re: Ashes Afterglow TC - News Update pg117

Post by gennoveus »

Memich wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:34 am With Vostyok's blessing, i announce Ashes: Voxelized aka Ashes VR Edition.

The goal of the project is to make addon that will give the opportunity for VR-headset owners to play Ashes: Afterglow or Ashes Weapons+any wad without "Nipple Aiming". I'm making voxel models of all weapon, their upgrades and props.
Oh wow!!! A long time ago I mentioned something similar to Vostyok but I unfortunately didn't have the time to do it. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who would love to visit the amazing world of Ashes in VR. Thank you so so much for this! I'll be patiently awaiting the completion of this, for sure.

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about your accident, Vostyok. I've had 2 family members either killed or seriously wounded in motorcycle accidents so please be careful. It would be a huge loss to the world if we were prevented from enjoying your future creations. On the bright side, maybe you got some cool looking scav scars?

Looking forward to more Ashes!
Erik Mancini
Operating System Version (Optional): win11

Post by Erik Mancini »

VOS
very sad to read this "For those not aware I have been away for some time, and around Christmas was involved in a bike accident that involved ice, my face, and high velocity"
I hope you heal and recover faster and stronger than before. I'm learning the art of ​​UDB (ultimate doom builder) between renders. If you ever need support one day, just whistle around here.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Thank you for all the messages of support, and condolences, lol.

I've had worse, believe me.

We're stepping up to a new stage of production. A short little diversion before we hit the next chapter. I'll give a quick sneak preview, see below. We'll be taking a trip to a place the scav missed on his trip to Prosperity, due in part to being sadly waylaid.

I'll be giving some more news in

k a t ed s s w d d d s a a r t t w

000w0201010209230990E

WARNING FATAL ERROR
Spoiler:
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

Oh wow!!! Very exciting stuff!! Intrigued by that new pistol
PurpleRhino83

Post by PurpleRhino83 »

Ok man, you read my mind it seems. I was actually thinking about asking for a 1911. Absolutely hyped for the expansion.
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

If this is what, and who I think it is, I'm very interested in more.
Spoiler:
AmissaAnima
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by AmissaAnima »

I'm a little bit late to this but i'm glad that you didn't die from that accident. The modding community would be a little less colourful if you were to disappear from the world.

Regardless i'll be waiting patiently for the upcoming expansion pack.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Promising preview. The map itself looks impressively large already! Keep up the good work, and don't forget to rest during it of course!
Erik Mancini

Post by Erik Mancini »

welly welly, SO Scav will start a new path or adventure from that place where "lady Muty" kidnapped him. But what do we have in this beautiful photo that VOS offered us? The entrance to a new well organized settlement. Houses with three floors, probably a pub, and a garage with a military jeep under repair. Perhaps the inhabitants are a small organized militia.
Hermann_Wolf1

Post by Hermann_Wolf1 »

Oh damn!! Im glad you're doing ok V...
Also nice hear some good news, cant wait for some new ashes! :D
Erik Mancini

Post by Erik Mancini »

Well, I think one of the most important ideas of the game comes from the title of this newspaper founded along the way. Apparently there was some sort of infection and that treatment was desperately sought. Somehow these facts are related to the phenomenon of mass genetic mutation that gave rise to mutants. PLUS, I wonder if there is any bonus if you destroy all terminal computers in the maps.
Attachments
crash!
crash!
STILL NO CURE
STILL NO CURE
stillnocure.jpg (42.96 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Post by Vostyok »

Hello!

We will no longer be updating our projects here. This thread will remain open for replies until closed through default forum action. Please follow us at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCQwjh ... -1s5q7LFWQ - Youtube

https://www.moddb.com/mods/ashes-2063 - moddb page

and also check out

https://www.youtube.com/@reformedjoe4907 - ReformedJoe

https://www.youtube.com/@RetroMuffin34TwistedShow - Retromuffin34

for any related projects and content.

Many thanks for all the love and support, and please do not hesitate to drop us a message any time. Our doors are always open.

-Vostyok(s)

on behalf of the Ashes Dev Group, best wishes
gennoveus

Re: Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Post by gennoveus »

Perhaps this signals that you guys are moving away from "doom mod" status and into "indie game" status! (though of course it's OK to be both) If so, I look forward to throwing as much money as possible at you guys in the future; my wife and I will be day 1 customers for sure. The Ashes series is a masterpiece that deserves popular success and more resources to continue the world-class work. Ashes, Snap the Sentinel, Supplice, and many more are great examples of how some of the best gaming experiences today are coming from this amazing doom modding community. I don't like to be a "fanboy" to anything but Ashes has me well and truly smitten.
ghostboy1225

Post by ghostboy1225 »

gennoveus wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:57 pm Perhaps this signals that you guys are moving away from "doom mod" status and into "indie game" status! (though of course it's OK to be both) If so, I look forward to throwing as much money as possible at you guys in the future; my wife and I will be day 1 customers for sure. The Ashes series is a masterpiece that deserves popular success and more resources to continue the world-class work. Ashes, Snap the Sentinel, Supplice, and many more are great examples of how some of the best gaming experiences today are coming from this amazing doom modding community. I don't like to be a "fanboy" to anything but Ashes has me well and truly smitten.
the timing of this suggests its motivated at least in part by the current forum drama.

regardless wish your team the best.
Erik Mancini

Post by Erik Mancini »

gennoveus wrote:
> Perhaps this signals that you guys are moving away from "doom
> mod" status and into "indie game" status! (though of course
> it's OK to be both) If so, I look forward to throwing as much money as
> possible at you guys in the future; my wife and I will be day 1 customers
> for sure. The Ashes series is a masterpiece that deserves popular success
> and more resources to continue the world-class work. Ashes, Snap the
> Sentinel, Supplice, and many more are great examples of how some of the
> best gaming experiences today are coming from this amazing doom modding
> community. I don't like to be a "fanboy" to anything but Ashes
> has me well and truly smitten.
YES, 100% agree. ASHES is something more. Simple Graphics but great storytelling. Just the otherwise of many modern "AAA".

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”