[WIP] Malice - Version 1.0pre5 [BURNING MELEE!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] Malice - Version 1.0pre3 [GRENADES AGAIN!]

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, currently working on finishing the Crisp version, and along the way, I ended up refining the Quick Grenade function:

*Grenade Upgrade Chips are now required to use special grenade types, and are a rare drop. Basically, if you don't have the chip for a given grenade type, you can't use or select it.
*Tri-Heavy Grenades can be unlocked - (almost) all of the power of a Tri-Heavy Torpedo, right in the palm of your hand. It has the slowest recharge rate of all grenade types owing to its excessive damage capacity.

In addition:

*Both Tri-Heavy projectiles (grenades and torpedoes) now deal residual antimatter damage upon detonation. This also makes them much more hazardous to use up close - use extreme caution!

Try it today...or whenever! Also, if anyone's interested in a half-finished Crisp version, here it is. - load after RG_Malice.pk3, as it's just weapon sprites. Note that a few weapons still have motion blur, and in the case of the M-Zero rifle, the firing sprites still retain it despite the rest of the set being re-crispified. A large number of weapon sprites don't have a crisp original set (namely, weapons introduced after I started abusing blurs), so they'll take me some time to finish.
ArchVain12
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Malice - Version 1.0pre3 [GRENADES AGAIN!]

Post by ArchVain12 »

Its possible to add effect choker?

Its kinda laggy for me
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] Malice - Version 1.0pre4 [CLASS TWEAKS!]

Post by TheRailgunner »

ArchVain12 wrote:Its possible to add effect choker?

Its kinda laggy for me
For now, I'm gonna keep trying to reduce the amount of FX used in the mod - I don't really have the wherewithal to code in a CVAR to do so. I've reduced the number of fallout projectiles as well as the amount of effects they use, and hopefully it'll make a dent in it.

Other stuff:

*PCR rate-of-fire now capped at 4200 RPM.
*A few starting weapon abilities are now class-restricted.
*Only the Devastator class can use Seeking Torpedoes (K-JACK altfire).
*The Nishimura Twelve Railgun's spread-shot is restricted to the Sharpshooter class.
*Full-auto for the Nishimura Ten Shotgun and the slug shot for the Trinity Super Shotgun are now Advance Guard-only.
*The Nishimura Seven Battle Rifle's settings and scope can now only be toggled by the classic Legionnaire class; for all others, the weapon is stuck in whatever condition it's picked up in (i.e, scope or iron sights) and has a 50% chance of being set to Burst-Fire mode. To compensate for this, the refire speed for burst-fire has been increased substantially.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] Malice - Version 1.0pre5 [BURNING MELEE!]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Argh, doubleposts suck. Anywho:

*Power Melee attacks now have their own (crappy) unique animations! BURNING MELEE!
*The Full-Auto setting on the M-Zero rifle is back...but only for the standard Legionnaire class. Automatic firing speed is 420 RPM, to balance it against the N7's 700.
*Semi-auto on the M-Zero now has an A_Refire call, because finger fatigue sucks.

To-do:

*FX reduction, as always. Juggernaut Fists can get laggy, as does Infernal Shockwave and a few weapons while using Golden Arsenal (looking at you, PCR).
*Grenade fixes ("Bouncing" grenades should eventually be renamed "Safety grenades" owing to their lack of damage to the player) and Super Grenades (currently, attempts at Super Grenades have gone awry - they seek when they shouldn't).

You know the drill.
SadCack
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] Malice - Version 1.0pre5 [BURNING MELEE!]

Post by SadCack »

Is the next version still being worked on? I'm super excited for the 1.0 release.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”