Nmn's Workshops - New Stuff - Items and Decorations

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Nmn's Workshops - New Monster - The Harkubus

Post by Nmn »

@Vegeta(dw) - Thanks for the kind words, buddy, I always appreciate comments from you :)
Do I mind? On the contrary, I'm happy you're using my stuff :) Best of luck with the project, do show pictures, now I'm curious.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

I added the player weapon, and the drone it's being used as a bot in a dm episode.
Spoiler:
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

This looks interesting! All that brown with the night sky, positive Doom vibes :)
Do you have a thread for this project or has it not been announced yet?
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Thanks. Here is the thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53070
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

That looks awesome! I'm a sucker for retro-styled wads :)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Thread bump. :tongue:
A new monster is in the first post - The Hindring - a burly pinky demon replacement, sort of a hybrid between a gorilla and a dog.
Funny since for a long time I thought I'd stay away from anthropomorphic enemies as the concept seemed overused for me, but now I only have 1 humanoid :? - and that is the stability officer. So the next enemy will feature somewhat human anatomy.

Word of caution - if the monster runs with considerable speed (like 10) it kinda looks weird ingame, so I recommend anyone putting it in a wad give the frames some offset from the center when it's moving to make the animation more dynamic, tends to look better. Also I prefer it on scale 1 since it's big and stuff, but scale 0.8 or scale 0.9 may make it look less of a clutter of view space. Dunno...

The name Hindring means "obstacle" in Danish - I kinda thought it sounded cool and I named the monster "an obstacle" because for the past week everything's been keeping me from working on this monster, from moving to a new apartment, seeking a survival job, to cpu issues that required formatting of the drive and OS reinstallage :stuppor: argh!
Fortunately, N's back on track baby, so expect new creatures :yup:
Cabo_Fiambre

Re: Nmn's Workshops - New Monster - The Hindring

Post by Cabo_Fiambre »

Your creatures are amazing and your style is very reminiscent from the DOOM/Duke Nukem era! They actually look like something ID Software or 3D Realms woul've made.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Cabo_Fiambre wrote: They actually look like something ID Software or 3D Realms woul've made.
Thanks m'man! :) This style is what I am going for so it looks like I'm doing a good job :) cheers.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Thread bump again.
New monster - the Stab Enforcer - in da 1st post.
This was done quickly as I only took the officer's model, modified it and made some new animations, and the rest was 2d work and there it is. I've made extra frames for strafing, which works, quirky but it does, makes the enemy more dangerous in game than the initial Shotgun zomb.

And tomorrow, since it's almost midnight, time to get to work on the next monster... Once there are more than 10 monsters here I'll try to categorize them to humanoids, beasts, robots and so on.

I also found some weapon graphics from a crappy side-project I was working on in June, they require some touchups but I'll keep in mind to upload them for my homies to use.
Gothic

Re: Nmn's Workshops - New Monster - Stability Enforcer

Post by Gothic »

I can see the Hindring working as a Demon/Ripper hybrid. Amazing job!
Nmn

Re: Nmn's Workshops - New Monster - Stability Enforcer

Post by Nmn »

Thanks mate, cheers :)
Nmn

Re: Nmn's Workshops - New Monster - Blade Monkey

Post by Nmn »

Thread bump. New monster in first post. You'll have to mirror the front and back attack frames if you want it to attack with both claws, and interchange rotational frames (d2g8 and g2d8 etc.), but I'm sure anyone with even slightest knowledge of handling sprites will.. uh.. handle it :?

Also, if you want to use it, go right ahead, that's why I post them here in the first place. People are nice to send me messages asking, but really it's not necessary, I only ask for credit in the readme should you use it.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Nice additions. The Blade Monkey reminds me the Wraith from DOOM 3. The Hindring will become a classic.

I was looking for a new bot and the Stability Enforcer seems to do the job.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Are you the same NMN responsible for this rocket launcher I requested a long time ago?

https://www.realm667.com/images/content ... ailgun.png

I loved this thing back in the day. Too bad I never realized the mod. Teenage me was very ambitious but never got around to working on things. Is it possible to make a widescreen friendly edition of this weapon?
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Some pretty cool stuff here, will definitely keep an eye out!

Return to “Resources”