Cold as Hell: Decampaignified 1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: Cold as Hell: Decampaignified 1.1

Post by ZikShadow »

Max_Imus_ wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:47 pm Hey, have you ever thought about making a "decampaignified" version of Cold As Hell's maps?
I have! Some work has been done to wiretear the mod itself so the campaign can be played with other gameplay mods. However, it's a bit of a tedious work since some progression is tied to things that are integral to the gameplay mechanics, and removing them causes a bit of a cascade. Also heard that Jonaya is planning to revamp Cold as Hell, that pretty much put a stop to further work 'cause I'll probably want to wiretear that one instead once it's done.
Max_Imus_
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Max_Imus_ »

Fair enough.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Plays pretty well! Would you consider going back and adding more sounds and such in the future, like individualized ones for item pickups, etc? Some better firing sounds might be good too, though the original mod ones are serviceable. Ammo felt a bit tight when I was playing vanilla Doom 2, ended up running out of ammo near the end of Map02, but some of that was me having trouble hitting the jumpy grey imps.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

1. I have thought about doing something like themed sound packs, similar to my HDest addons, but I haven't decided on which one to pick. If I do set up one, I'll be sure to replace more than just the CaH-related sounds.
2. Mmm, it definitely can be tricky 'cause the zombieman replacements don't drop ammo. Don't be afraid to use your fists, they're pretty strong if you tap 'em.

EDIT:

1. Did one with MoHAA sounds. Couldn't quite give each individual item their own sounds, as I'd need to modify the initial gameplay mod to do that and I don't really have anything to fill in the blanks that'd fit with the original's sound feel. Decent enough for a variety run, atleast.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, MOHAA would be a good fit to start with, maybe some RTCW thrown in.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”