Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Hellrider v0.8c - Speed and Aggression

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Wivicer wrote:I think he was asking if YOU, Captain J, are Icarus.

Yep ..that's what I meant..thanks

Is Icarus even member ? I've never seen a post with that name tag
Ferretmanjcdenton

Andromeda375 wrote:uhh getting a weird error whenever I try the mod?

Script error, "Hellrider 0.8c.pk3:actors/weapons/weapon_base.txt" line 198:
Invalid parameter 'a_startsound'

Any clue why or how to fix? I'm really excited for this mod :((

Seems like you use the wrong version of doom
user5124

Post by user5124 »

elCreyo wrote:Looks very cool but I must ask, any plans on releasing a version without addons like tilt or sway?
+1

They always cause strange behaviour with the mouse, where you strafe one way while turning the other, the mouse will jump. I have no idea why they're so popular :cry:
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

This is a pretty slick mod. The weapons feel and sound very punchy. I like having the hand grenade as a reliable option; it's a great panic button for when you get ambushed or have to take out multiple enemies if you don't have the grenade launcher.

Speaking of the GL, my one suggestion so far would be to tone down the cluster bomb effect. It's far too unpredictable where the bombs are going to land, and they travel quite a long distance.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

user5124 wrote:
elCreyo wrote:Looks very cool but I must ask, any plans on releasing a version without addons like tilt or sway?
+1

They always cause strange behaviour with the mouse, where you strafe one way while turning the other, the mouse will jump. I have no idea why they're so popular :cry:
I never had issues with those mods. The reason why I asked about it is that I just prefer to use those addons separately.
mentha

Post by mentha »

Is there a chance we could get some kind of option for aiming down the sights on some weapons to be a toggle instead of having to hold down the button in future versions?

EDIT:
Nevermind! Apparently several guns have different functionality when looking down the sights!
Spoiler:
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

This is just a really good, well-executed mod. Every weapon feels useful, but the standouts are the railgun, which shreds everything pretty quickly, and the grenade launcher, which is frighteningly effective. It's also very slaughter-friendly, which I appreciate. I'm not really sure there should be three slot 7 weapons though; the Gauss and sniper work well enough but I haven't been able to find a Minigun to use yet, so that's a lot of ammo left on the table which can be used for something else - what's the chance to spawn one of the three?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh, and i've got some extra feedback for you!
Spoiler:
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hellrider v0.9 - Swift Demon Killing!

Post by Endie »

First of all, I'd like to thank you all who have been commenting, giving support and feedback, which helps me to improve the mod even further. THANK YOU!

Now, I can finally say something I've been really eager to, Hellrider once again is updated! The download link from the first page is working, go grab it! By the way, I added a second gameplay trailer there too, showcasing some of the updates since 0.8c, hope you all enjoy it!

Ps. Yes, I've read and addressed a lot of the feedback you guys sent, however, I'm a moron and didn't write a changelog while working on the mod. Most of you will notice the bigger changes right off the bat, like the weapon tilting, the rebalanced Grenade Launcher/Gauss Cannon, and the brand new Lioness .50 AMR which now replaces the Barrett M98B, but aside from that there's a lot of tiny details that improve the overall feel of the mod

Then again, I really hope you guys enjoy it, if there's anything you guys would like to let me know please don't hesitate in sharing! I will gladly read and try to address it in the best way possible.

Note: this version requires GZDoom 4.5.0, and sadly will NOT run in LZDoom for now
huanlopan

Post by huanlopan »

I'm really digging this latest version. Here's some quick feedback:
https://i.imgur.com/xwNumNk.png
-The circled fiery puff of smoke for automatic weapons feels a bit in the way when compared to the shotguns. On shotguns it's less noticeable because the firerate isn't so fast you'd notice constantly in your field of view.
-It wasn't quite so evident previously, but I feel the player should not be able to hold down the fire button for the pistol or desert eagle to continuous fire. It would better serve to demarcate the differences between these, and the automatic weapons. That said, maybe this doesn't matter to you whatsoever, in which case feel free to ignore it.
ValeriePalerie

Post by ValeriePalerie »

Wonderful work as always! This mod still has some of my favourite Gun Feel and the subtle touches with the tilting add to that immensely.

Small bug(?) to report, there seems to be some unutilized blood/gore files which conflict with cblood.pk3, causing any 'corrected' blood to become black instead of whichever colour it was meant to be.
BerserkerNoir

Post by BerserkerNoir »

ValeriePalerie wrote:Wonderful work as always! This mod still has some of my favourite Gun Feel and the subtle touches with the tilting add to that immensely.

Small bug(?) to report, there seems to be some unutilized blood/gore files which conflict with cblood.pk3, causing any 'corrected' blood to become black instead of whichever colour it was meant to be.
Its the RGB config file: X11R6RGB.txt
I had the same issue and I just deleted it and worked as intended.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

This is a great mod, just needs some kind of casing culling option as the framerate really tanks after a while, especially using the minigun haha.
Endie

Post by Endie »

You can disable casings under "Mod Options > Effects"
Ferretmanjcdenton

I get an error message

"One error while parsing DECORATE skripts"

And that on lzdoom 3.87a/b and gzdoom 4.5
Why ??

Return to “Gameplay Mods”