[V0.595c 9-28-23] Live Through DOOM: Survival Horror Gameplay

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mememind343

Re: [V0.57b 6-30-21] Live Through DOOM: Survival Horror Game

Post by Mememind343 »

Im just here saying that this is one of my favorite mods ever.

I love the animations,sounds,gameplay flow, graphics, everything just feels amazing and seeing the new stuff being shown in this thread and the yt channel just makes me love this mod so much more.

This mod has some of the best gun sounds and animations that I have seen yet.
I love the variety of gameplay.

I just cant say what else I love. I just love this mod and I will support this mod's future.

I kinda want to make a yt video of this mod.
-Ghost-

Re: [V0.57b 6-30-21] Live Through DOOM: Survival Horror Game

Post by -Ghost- »

Hey,

I know it's been awhile since our last news update, but the team's been hard at work overhauling the rest of the arsenal, as well as constant bug fixing and balancing work. The current build, .59a has lots of changes and some major reworks of gameplay mechanics, as well as some new content and replacement sprites, sounds, and effects. Please welcome our new Plasma Lance weapon!

PLASMA LANCE:

* Primary Fire button is for shooting it, Alt fire for aiming down the scope.
* Pressing the special action button will switch between Anti-Personnel and Anti-Materiel Mode.
* While in AM mode, you need to hold you primary fire button in order to charge it. Once it's fully charged, you can
release the button when needed to shoot the charged beam. But be careful: the longer you hold the full charge, the
faster the weapon will lose durability. You can also press special action button while fully charged to cancel the
action.
* AP mode inflicts less damage, consumes 10 cells and has a faster rate of fire.
* AM mode inflicts a ridiculous amount of damage, consumes 50 cells and has slower RoF.
* Both attacks pierce through enemies, doors and most reasonably thick walls.
* You can press the "Weapon Zoom" button (gzdoom native) while using the scope, to change its zoom level
(2x,5x,10x). The weapon will always "remember" the last setting you used. The default one is 5x.

Some gameplay teasers:

New modular rifle system and sprite:

Assault Shotgun rework (WIP):

ADDITIONAL NEW FEATURES:

- Overpenetration feature: heavier calibers like .500 S&W, Shotgun Slugs and 7.62mm rifle rounds now have the ability of going through an enemy and hit what's behind it, given that at the time of impact, the enemy had less health than the bullet's damage. After each penetration the bullet will lose more and more momentum base on how much health the enemies had, until it will just stop. Some special bullets like the ETC-powered rounds won't follow these rules, and they're specifically made to penetrate more easily through multiple monsters.

- Sentry Turrets now use their own ammo type, so they can't just destroy everything forever if you put it on the right spot. You automatically get ammo for them by picking up new turrets, although we're also considering the possibility to craft them through the survival kit.

- You can now repair vehicles through the survival kit's pliers. Costs 1 scrap metal per 100 health.

- The Nuke Lancher has been removed in favor of a new ammo type for the Rocket Launcher, Thermobaric Warheads, which have pretty much the same effects (since the original "nukes" behaved more closely to this kind of bomb). You can switch your rocket type with the usual "special action" button.

- The "Use to Pickup" addon has been integrated into LitDoom. This customized version of the addon is optimized to work with the mod and prevents certain "placeholder items" from being detected. This feature can also be disabled and customized in the mod options menu, just like the original addon.

- New weapon scavenging feature: to reduce the feeling of weapons "disappearing into nothingness" when killing zombies, they now have a chance of dropping broken variants of them instead of nothing at all. You can use your survival kit's pliers to collect the still intact weapon parts from them, and once you have enough, you'll automatically craft a "barely functioning" weapon of that kind, meaning a weapon with its durability almost depleted. After that, you can repair the newly crafted weapon by the usual means, OR, you can keep collecting weapon parts to repair the specific weapon you're collecting parts for.

- New ballistic physics implemented. Now every weapon using bullets has different starting muzzle velocity, range, and trajectory arc depending on the ammunition's' caliber, mechanism, barrel length, and so on.

- For an added cost in stamina, you can now perform the "sprinting stab" for the knife while jumping, and not only while sprinting.

- Numerous improvements to sprites, sounds and effects, as well as balancing and bug fixing
-Ghost-

Re: [V0.59a 12-2-21] Live Through DOOM: Survival Horror Game

Post by -Ghost- »

Quick update on some of the upcoming additions to the mod!

ADDITIONS:
- Completely revamped the Armor System:

*You can't wear an armor suit on top of another, unless it's just "uniform tier"
*You can now drop the armor you're currently wearing, and it'll preserve the amount of armor it previously stored(God bless @Dithered Output#1131 for helping me with that one)
*Uniform, Light, Medium and Heavy Armors now have specific caps to their maximum armor points values: 100 for uniforms, 150 for light armors, 250 for medium armors and 400 for heavy armors

- Armor Shards can now be carried to repair your armor when needed. They can only be assembled on top of an
existing uniform or armor, though.
- Remade & improved graphics for armor suits and uniform pieces.
- You can now dismantle armors through your survival kit to obtain a good portion of the armor points it stored in the form of armor shards (not all of it).
- Armors variants added and remade for each armor tier: they will come with different items attached to them and you'll only pick up what you can carry, while the rest will be dropped on the ground.
- You can now carry painkillers in your inventory, to gobble on those PEELZ when you need them.
- Removed the Tech Armor: it's been replaced with a rare Portable Force Field Generator that when activated will absorb most of the damage you receive while eating your energy cells' reserve. It will also react every time any attack goes past its defenses, shocking any nearby enemies.
- Added some particles when you break soul crystals (cheers and credits to @Dox778).
- New sprite for the ammo bandolier.

BALANCE TWEAKS:
- Uniform-tier armor only absorbs 25% of incoming damage.
- Space Marine starts with a bit longer lasting battery charge.

BUG FIXES:
- Conditions like bleeding and poison are automatically cured once you clear the map from monsters and the reward menu pops out.

Sneak peak of the new BFG (before being converted to 2D):

ezedrommond
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ezedrommond »

I love this mod. To me, it's the perfect middle ground between Brutal Doom and Hideous Destructor. :rock:
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

What's the empty vial do?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Netheritor wrote:What's the empty vial do?
You use them to gather chemicals from different monsters, etc. to create other things.

if it helps, here's a basic copy of some of the things you can craft!

Also new minor update, difficulty settings are now more scalable than ever! The green difficulties only adjust enemy spawn amounts, while the orange and red have special challenges built in. You can customize the mod to your liking now depending on what specific, tailored experience you'd like to have.

-Ghost-

Re: [V0.595a 2-18-23] Live Through DOOM: Survival Horror Gameplay

Post by -Ghost- »

New update! My apologies for the time between posts; the current version is now 0.595a, featuring a completely redone shotgun, numerous bugfixes, variations in soulshard sizes, first person legs and more!

BFG "Gehenna" preview:

New shotgun sprites and animations:
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Nice mod! I really hope we can have a compatible patch for Dark Doom Creature mod.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Eventually we'll be doing our own custom monsters as well, once we get all the weapons done with version 0.6. We've got most of that planned out already to have a good creepy/scary mix of monsters!
Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

creepy/scary mix of monsters. MMM nice.
Linz

Post by Linz »

I have maybe looked at the weapon respect animations more times than I'd like to admit

You guys are doing a good job
RevanGarcia
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by RevanGarcia »

Gehenna looks so cool!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

RevanGarcia wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:01 pm Gehenna looks so cool!
Thanks! Yeah, we wanted to have a more unique look for the BFG since it's a pretty rare and complicated weapon.
Sulferon Kyle

Post by Sulferon Kyle »

I've been playing this mod for the last 3 days and it is a lot of fun.
However there are some things that bother me too much. Things like: Why is every long barrel's muzzle flash 3-4-5 times bigger than the revolver's? Does the muzzle flash have to cover the entire screen? Why is AR's recoil stronger than that of the minigun or combat shotgun?

Handling weapons feels incredible, but shooting them has obvious problems. Obvious to me, as a player.

Some muzzle flashes cover the entire screen, making it impossible to even control recoil, let alone aim.
Sights are also detrimental to aim, for the exception of the Vector, as they are all so god damn bright they obstruct the target. Worst offenders are the holo's of the AR and plasma - they are so thick and exessively bright that it is easier to aim without a reticle at all than though these. Vector has the most slim sights and no glow, which makes them the only sights I can actually use.
The AR is made obsolete by even the pistol. It has the strongest kick, least dps, scarcest ammo (4.73 specifically), the most intrusive muzzle flash/smokescreen of all weapons and the worst sights.
Pumping out the last cartrige from the pump shotty is done with the unload key, which is so counterintuitive that I've figured it out just now, while making edits. I thought it's bugged.

Lastly, I don't understand the purpose of the "full reload". It is slower than the quick reload, adds only one more bullet and throws out the partially empty mag regardless. It could have some actual use: A reload slower than unload-reload by, say, 200ms, but without throwing away ammo. Not the best choice under pressure, but less of a panic factor after disposing of the vanguard.

All that aside, the mod's a very thoroughly crafted and enjoyable experience.
Last edited by Sulferon Kyle on Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sulferon Kyle

Post by Sulferon Kyle »

Sulferon Kyle wrote:
> All that aside, the mod's a very thoroughly crafted and enjoyable experience.
Ok, so, I've missed a couple core problems that I'm going to mention now.
Firstly - Both Survivalist and Scientist classes are COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE because they have no stamina regen whatsoever. I'm not exaggerating, getting either of them above minimum for running takes 20 minutes real time. This is such a problem because most maps, both original and modded especially, have next to no potion spawns, meaning no soulstones can be found either.
Secondly - Survivalist's "extended improvised crafting" is nowhere to be found, meaning that, in exchange for knife start and one stamina bar for the entire level, I get something I can't even find info about.
Lastly - BFG requires a core, craffting recepie of which is not provided, and "scientific knowlege", which means it's locked out for both other classes. And that could be fine, if not for the stamina problem mentioned above. Scientist also starts with a melee weapon, damage resistance penalty and no bullet time.
I didn't mention the lack of in-game item descriptions and recepies because they are mentioned in features to come, but with the bosses having so much HP I need everything I can get to combat them. I only passed the baron duo because I found an angle to launch a nuke and stay out of the explosion's direct LoS. Before that I spent a full supply of buckshot, frags, AT rockets and all types of bullets and done about 1500 damage out of 4000x2 the barons had.
Last edited by Sulferon Kyle on Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”