How to add a custom weapons from Realm667 ?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
skyspear

How to add a custom weapons from Realm667 ?

Post by skyspear »

Hello !

I'm pretty new at making wad and I wanted to ask you know how to add a custom weapons ? I use doom builder and slade 3. I also saw this topic on a forum (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50388) but I'm sadly stuck to how to add the ID weapons (And I dunno if it's the problem)...

Also I have add that custom weapon with slade 3 directly to my wad, at the top of everything because apparently it was recommended to do that.

But It's actually impossible to see the weapons into the "Things mode" tool of doom builder2 or slade3 (I use doom 2 game configuration). However, the weapon appear if you use the cheat code "give all" in gzdoom.

My goal is to make appear this weapon directly on the "Thing mode", as like I can add the weapon where I want.

Thanks for your help ! ^^
Gez

Re: How to add a custom weapons from Realm667 ?

Post by Gez »

For things to appear in the editor, it needs to have an editor number -- in the map, it's actually just a number that's written, and the editor, like the game, needs to associate the number with something it knows.

Most resources on Realm667 come without an editor number being given to them, so you've got to add one yourself. You do that in [wiki]MAPINFO[/wiki].

For the weapon to work correctly and play nice with other weapons (especially when using next weapon/previous weapon commands), it'll also need a slot number. [wiki]Weapon slots[/wiki] are also handled through MAPINFO.
skyspear

Post by skyspear »

Thank you ! By any chance, do you have a full tutorial to how to do that ?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

skyspear wrote:Thank you ! By any chance, do you have a full tutorial to how to do that ?
Check out WildWeasel's webpage
or Rex's tutorial which also links to further info
skyspear

Post by skyspear »

It's exactly what i needed ! Thanks so much for the help Gez and Kappes buur. :D
maf93

Post by maf93 »

I downloaded the explosive super shotgun from realm667. I edited the decorate file in slade as follows.
ACTOR ExplosiveSuperShotgun : Weapon 10000
{
Tag "Explosive Super Shotgun"
Weapon.SlotNumber 3

I added all the explosive super shotgun files to my map using slade, and moved the files to the top.

In ultimate doom builder (v. R3720) the new weapon is not showing in Things Mode. If I test my map and type the code idfa, I get the explosive shotgun. Why can't I access/see the new weapon in the Things Mode to be able to add it to my map for pickup?

thanks
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

maf93 wrote:In ultimate doom builder (v. R3720) the new weapon is not showing in Things Mode.
Works for me™
Spoiler:
While 10000 is used for the HEXEN fogspawner, it will not interfere with DOOM pwads.

However, it is best to always use unique DoomED numbers, for example the range from 15000 to 29999 is safe to use.
maf93

Post by maf93 »

I tried 20000, but I still do not see User-Defined in Edit Thing window. my last category in edit thing window is Decoration. Is there some configuration in UDB R3720 that is required? my wad has the custom weapon because when I test the map and use idfa code, I get the explosive shotgun.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

The weapon will be in User-Defined block if you just copy/paste all lumps into your pwad and give the ESS a unique DoomED number:
Spoiler:
However, you can use //$Category "Weapons" to have the editor show the ESS in the Weapons block:
Spoiler:
maf93

Post by maf93 »

I got it figured out. I was opening my map with doom: doom2 config, once I opened the map with gzdoom: doom2 config the custom items showed up. thanks. thanks the for category tip.

Return to “Mapping”