Embers Of Armageddon

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm
Location: Plahnit Urff

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken »

Thorogrimm wrote:Any screenshots?
Sorry, not yet. They'll come soon. I'm not much of a screenshotter. I know how to do it... but not sure when and where it should be done. :?
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:55 am
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

This and D4T are the only 2 Doom 16 related mods that I really like
User avatar
TheNightATK300
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by TheNightATK300 »

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:This and D4T are the only 2 Doom 16 related mods that I really like
Tho this one does not have multiplayer compatibility (for Zandro), sadly.
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm
Location: Plahnit Urff

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken »

If only we had an engine that had both decent C/S Multiplayer and powerful scripting capabilities. :(
Jarewill
 
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by Jarewill »

DoomKrakken wrote:I know how to do it... but not sure when and where it should be done. :?
If I might recommend something, maybe screenshots of argent cell / elite guard pickup animations?
I thought those were great. (even though they get annoying after a while, but then again, there's no way to skip them in Doom 4)
Other "Doom 4 to classic Doom" mods have alternative ways of getting upgrades, but you did a splendid job with how they are implemented and the animations look like straight from the game.
That and maybe the upgrade menu too.
DoomKrakken wrote:If someone can make the sprites, and make 'em look as good as the angled sprites, I'll probably use 'em....
That is fully understandable.
I don't think I ever saw centered Doom 4 sprites anywhere too. I only recall seeing the shotgun centered somewhere around Spriting Carnival.
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm
Location: Plahnit Urff

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken »

Jarewill wrote:If I might recommend something, maybe screenshots of argent cell / elite guard pickup animations?
Sounds fine. :D
User avatar
EddieMann
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by EddieMann »

Yeah, got any screenies?
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm
Location: Plahnit Urff

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken »

I do now. :D

I'll post 'em soon.
User avatar
Spaceman333
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by Spaceman333 »

DoomKrakken wrote:
Thorogrimm wrote:Any screenshots?
Sorry, not yet. They'll come soon. I'm not much of a screenshotter. I know how to do it... but not sure when and where it should be done. :?
Get the AutoAutoSave mod by m8f and turn on the automatic screenshot taking feature whenever it autosaves. Select the moments in the options for an autosaves that are most likely to result in cool moments and then just play the game and you'll get a neat collection of best possible screenshots.

As an example, this is how good it can work:
Spoiler:
User avatar
X_KRYX
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:44 pm
Location: You have to find it yourself.

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by X_KRYX »

Hey DoomKrakken. Congrats on the Official Release!
I'm just wondering, are there going to be any DOOM Eternal mod after this?
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm
Location: Plahnit Urff

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alrighty, just updated the original post with some screenshots and gameplay demos. You can find them at the bottom. :D

Credits to Strongbelly for the beautiful recordings!
X_KRYX wrote:Hey DoomKrakken. Congrats on the Official Release!
I'm just wondering, are there going to be any DOOM Eternal mod after this?
Many thanks!

Yes, I plan to make a DOOM Eternal mod. That's definitely gonna happen.
User avatar
Khordor
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by Khordor »

I found this to make doom 2 a little bit to easy, weapons do too much damage, at least in hurt me plenty. I did enjoy it a lot tho
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm
Location: Plahnit Urff

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's not my fault they made the monsters so weaksauce... :P

I put these in with 40% of the health/damage values seen in the game. Even so, you'll find that the vanilla Imp has 60 health, while the 2016 Imp has 150 health. Reducing that to 40% puts it at 60%, so if I ever decide to make custom monsters to go alongside this mod, the Imp would still have the same amount of health.

In proportion to the Imp, however, many of the other monsters would receive massive buffs. As the Cacodemon from 2016 has 2000 health, if it were programmed in EOA, it'd have 800. Mancubi from 2016 have 2500 health, and Cyber-Mancubi have 3500 health, so they'd have 1000 and 1400 health, respectively. Standard soldiers have 400 health, security has 500, and Hell Razers have 600... so in EOA, they'd have 160, 200, and 240 health, respectively. For the Cyberdemon, it has a whopping 50,500 health, so if programmed in EOA under the same guideline, it'd still have a whopping 20,200 health.

All this to say, I had programmed the damage to fit more in line with stuff we'd find in the original Doom, but still with the more powerful monster counterparts in mind. Do remember you can't carry as much ammo as you could in vanilla Doom, and your weapon mods and upgrades will help you to utilize your munitions more efficiently. ;)
User avatar
Twitchy2019
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by Twitchy2019 »

DoomKrakken wrote:It's not my fault they made the monsters so weaksauce... :P

I put these in with 40% of the health/damage values seen in the game. Even so, you'll find that the vanilla Imp has 60 health, while the 2016 Imp has 150 health. Reducing that to 40% puts it at 60%, so if I ever decide to make custom monsters to go alongside this mod, the Imp would still have the same amount of health.

In proportion to the Imp, however, many of the other monsters would receive massive buffs. As the Cacodemon from 2016 has 2000 health, if it were programmed in EOA, it'd have 800. Mancubi from 2016 have 2500 health, and Cyber-Mancubi have 3500 health, so they'd have 1000 and 1400 health, respectively. Standard soldiers have 400 health, security has 500, and Hell Razers have 600... so in EOA, they'd have 160, 200, and 240 health, respectively. For the Cyberdemon, it has a whopping 50,500 health, so if programmed in EOA under the same guideline, it'd still have a whopping 20,200 health.

All this to say, I had programmed the damage to fit more in line with stuff we'd find in the original Doom, but still with the more powerful monster counterparts in mind. Do remember you can't carry as much ammo as you could in vanilla Doom, and your weapon mods and upgrades will help you to utilize your munitions more efficiently. ;)
Exactly what process did you use to get to the health values that you did for each monster? Like how did you figure out the 2016 health values for each demon, and then how did you come to the conclusion that each Doom 2 would be need to be reduced to 40% (or whatever each monster needed to be buffed or reduced to?)
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm
Location: Plahnit Urff

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken »

I looked through the files provided by the game. :D

I looked through the files containing information about the monsters' health values and the damage dealt by each weapon's projectiles, and then reduced them to 40%.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”