Lost civilization, Part 2 [WIP]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jaska
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Lost civilization, Part 2 [WIP]

Post by Jaska »

AschTheConjurer wrote:I love the first Lost Civilization to pieces, and a sequel that adds a bunch of epic new features not seen before in a TC mod would be more than welcome. However, I still feel the need to ask that a "Vaccinated" version gets to exist alongside this big undertaking:

There's a noticeable lack of "vaccinated" mapsets that try really hard for realistic and believable environments instead of videogamey ones - at least, the only others I can think of off the top of my head are MarkIV's Hell On Earth (which is not "Vaccinated" to my knowledge but happens to work with some mods), and Bloody Steel (BLDSTLP.wad), maybe some individual levels from the Joys Of Mapping community collabs, and some small parts of ALFONZONE.

TL;DR: It'd be great to get a version of this potential Lost Civ Part 2 that's just the levels themselves, so it works with mods and such.
Thanks! Actually I'm planning to do a difficulty level which has only doom2 monsters.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Just out of curiosity, what is the target number of maps you intend to complete for release? Also be sure to let us know if you need testers, wink wink hint hint.
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

skdursh wrote:Just out of curiosity, what is the target number of maps you intend to complete for release? Also be sure to let us know if you need testers, wink wink hint hint.
Actually I don't know yet. I try to release very small "gameplay demo" at first. I'll post download link here when something is ready, don't worry :)
AschTheConjurer

Post by AschTheConjurer »

Jaska wrote:Actually I'm planning to do a difficulty level which has only doom2 monsters.
epic
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

Just dropping by to say I'm really enjoying part 1, and part 2 looks even better. Amazing work; thank you!
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

gennoveus wrote:Just dropping by to say I'm really enjoying part 1, and part 2 looks even better. Amazing work; thank you!
Thank you! It's very nice to hear :)
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Finally getting back to this.

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

One month late, but that screenshot looks incredible. Hoping to see more :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”